• Register Today It's free!

Suggestions for laptop mount...

adamsdell

Reaction score
City, State
North Wilkesboro, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Ford Police Utility
I am wanting to put in a laptop mount in my PIU, it needs to be easy to remove and install the laptop and that can be locked just in case. I do not have an "police equipment console" mounted. I have an aftermarket center console mounted on the plate that is used for storage and armrest. I have seen the ones that mount using the front passenger side bolts to hold the mount in place. Anyone used one of these?
What else in available or any other suggestions?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I am wanting to put in a laptop mount in my PIU, it needs to be easy to remove and install the laptop and that can be locked just in case. I do not have an "police equipment console" mounted. I have an aftermarket center console mounted on the plate that is used for storage and armrest. I have seen the ones that mount using the front passenger side bolts to hold the mount in place. Anyone used one of these?
What else in available or any other suggestions?

Go to Police Fleet Manager Magazine website and read about the different types and options.

http://www.hendonpub.com/police_fleet_manager

There are some that bolt directly to the passenger seat bolts and do not require a console.

The top brands are Havis, PMT, Gamber, and RAM.

Remember to read the PIU Upfitters Guide so you stay within the airbag safe zone. Airbags can rip laptops apart and send then into the occupants as flying weapons.

I use a Gamber Johnson mount. It bolts directly to the passenger side seat. The dock I use locks my Toughbook in place and it has its own power supply.

The part numbers are
Base: 7160-0350
Lower pole: DS-LOWER-7
Upper pole: DS-UPPER
Motion attachment: 7160-0397
CF-31 Dock: 7160-0318-06

Some great responses, I will check them out and see what I can get.
Thanks.

Some great responses, I will check them out and see what I can get.
Thanks.
I just swapped out my mount for a new one. I have the base and poles now sitting in my garage...

I have been a cop for 21 years here in Indianapolis. I just got a civilian 2014 Explorer Sport that has the shifter on the floor. I am so used to having a laptop next to me that for my personal business I insisted on installing one in this personal vehicle. The sturdiest one you can get (Minimal to no vibration while driving) is made by Havis Shield. The mount is vehicle specific and mounts to the 2 front bolts on the passenger seat and has a very sturdy metal pole that has 2 different laptop mounting options. The newest Havis Shield laptop stand has a very quick release and is easy adjusted.(The older model has an easy release also) Waymire in Indianapolis sells all the items to make this install easy.

Back