Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Massachusetts
Year, Model & Trim Level
‘94 Explorer
‘19 Nautilus
Hello,

I just replaced the exhaust on my ‘94, got a tailpipe from Walker. This tailpipe contacts the pass side swaybar link. When I showed my Dad, who used who also have a ‘94, he said that he didn’t think his had a rear sway bar.

Are there 2 different tailpipes, 1 for swaybar equipped explorers and 1 for non-swaybar eqipped explorers? Or is it just aftermarket exhaust not fitting too well?

I was able to finagle the tailpipe it so it was not contacting the end link but when I put the truck back on the ground it was hitting. I put a piece of heater hose over the end link for now, maybe i’ll bash it with a hammer later? Hahahaha

I know that there was a shorter tailpipe for the shorter wheelbase Explorer Sport. How much shorter I'm not sure but when I purchased a new exhaust I did have to specify. Perhaps you ended up with the shorter exhaust? I haven't even installed mine so I'm hoping mine doesn't have a fitment issue.

I have to look at it again, and look at the in and the out in the muffler. I could have put the muffler in backwards lmao

I think the in and out were centered though. I think my old one was offset

Huh maybe I have the wrong muffler

Nope
Checked muffler and it is installed correctly, same as the old one.

I’ll just persuade it out of the way
Who knows with aftermarket exhaust

Back