The car is working, but the Cluster and Radio are not | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

The car is working, but the Cluster and Radio are not

40somethingdude

Reaction score
City, State
UAE
Year, Model & Trim Level
2018 Ford Explorer Base
[UPDATE 2]: 12Voltsolutions have advised there are some Ford Explorer made before Aug 2018 have got issue with the remote start and the HVAC , it runs for 1 min without compressor, then change to heating,defrost.

How do you do this? I went to the dealership, spoke with the workshop technician. He gave me standard replies, bring it in, and will look at it (which will take ages). So Forscan is my best bet here, but how to do it!!?

[UPDATE] : The remote start kit main cable was loose. Now, we still need to figure out , why the AC is acting up. Front AC works at luke worm temperature, for 30 seconds, then it shuts down, the rear kicks in, at Max heating!!
Is it a simple issue of Auto vs Last setting? For this I have to activate the remote start ICP using forscan

--------------------------------------------
1. The car is Base Explorer 2018
2. I have installed an after market infotainment system (Chinese screen), no issues. This was 7 months ago
3. Yesterday, I have installed a hood switch , and 12VoltSolutions remote start kit
4. The car was remotely starting, but the AC acting funny, working luke worm temperature for 30 seconds, then front shuts off, read AC kicks in, max heating
5. Now, 1 hr ago, I switch on the car, and behold!!! The car is working, but the radio/AC and cluster are not working!!

What is wrong?
1. Loose wiring from working with the BCM/Hood?
2. Grounding issue?
3. Overloaded circuit!!

How can I be sure it will not happen again? What shall I tell the technician?

I'm afraid I can't help, but I know from reading several posts here that most dealerships won't work on vehicles that have been modified. Just saying.

Peter

I'm afraid I can't help, but I know from reading several posts here that most dealerships won't work on vehicles that have been modified. Just saying.

Peter
Good morning Peter. You are right, but the dealership does not offer remote start installation, leaving customers no choice.

It is working, but for 30 sec, then it switches to defrost, heating! Any possible way to change this? And how to update the HVAC module. Thanks

1. The HVAC module was update using IDS, and the issue of AC switching to heating has been resolved, it no longer does that.
2. Nevertheless, the AIR is not as cold as when you switch on the car. It is like the outside damper is open.

Is there any solution to this? Basically I want AC to run cold. So I switch it off at LO, it would run at LO, at the moment, I switch at LO, it runs like 20

Back