• Register Today It's free!

Timing chain questions

cashmoney37

Reaction score
City, State
South Bend, IN
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 mountaineer
Iam getimg ready to change water pump, on 5.0l mounataneer with 128k. I figured I might as well change the timing chain. But should I use a stock chain or upgrade? My motor is stock internally, but I have full exhaust intake spacer and cold air intake, tuned, 4.10 gears and lifted. With planes to do more down the road to motor. What would u auggwat for timing chains?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Also what about water pumps. Could mustang high flow water pumps fit explorer?

Any ideas on water pumps

got one from oreilly also was std to the explorer. (mech ordered that).

been to summitracing.com?

Pretty much all the stang stuff will fit,depends on how many miles are on it and how many are left-alot left I`d spring for a true roller setup,maybe a double roller cloyes,or even a gear drive,depends what ya like,they even have noisey ones that sound like a blower or quiet ones that don`t.Either way you get much truer timing with less cam walk.And you can ask their excellent techs if anything will fit!They`ll either know or find out right away.And gear drives are down to less than $200 nowadays.And summit ships almost everything the same day.Luck all.

I found at summit for $40.00 a cloyes adjustable street double roller. I think thats what I am gona go with

Back