• Register Today It's free!

tired tires

floater180

Reaction score
City, State
manhattan, il.
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 sport trac limited 4
what brand tires do you use? i'm looking into new tires soon, my size is 235/65-18, they have been upgraded a few years ago from the 17" rims. the tires on them are hankook ventus as which were fine but I need tires that would hold up more to haul a 4000lb. boat occasionally, most driving is highway, the only offroading is when I get the boat out from behind the garage. one tire guy says I could go up to a 255/70-18 tire but I'm afraid that will make my speedo off.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

235/65-18 is the 30" OEM size for your 2007 Limited ST. Regarding tires, many choices. I find large tire dealers
such as Tire Rack or Discount Tire usually offer accurate user reviews, never believe tire manufacturers ratings.

Input your VIN for your truck features. Closest you will find to an original window sticker. (Click Minor Details)
https://www.etis.ford.com/vehicleRegSelector.do

Here's a very simple tire size calculator to compare sizes. There are many more detailed tire calculators on line.
http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html

With a quick scroll through tirerack I'd say Continental CrossContact LX20, Firestone LE 2 or Goodyear Assurance CS would all be descent choices.

Since you don't really have any offroad worries, I see no need in tire up-sizing, etc.

The Continental LX20s are nice IMO because they have a slightly higher load rating, which I would appreciate if I towed a lot, but all of those tires shown have descent load rating for passenger tires. All 3 also have descent UTQG ratings, which is assuring.

Just got a set of Michelin Latitude Tour HP. Tire also says GREEN-X, supposedly it'll save me a tank or two of fuel over the life of the tire. Low rolling resistance blah, blah, blah.... I zoned out on the sales pitch.

I had Kumho Solus? 235/65/18 on the truck and they were fine, size on the Michelin's is 245/60/18. Very quite and smooth riding tire, takes bumps out of the road very well. Black side walls, so no white letters to keep clean. Reviews are good for treadwear, its a 60K mile tire but some folks are claiming more. Designed as an SUV/light truck tire, so towing is figured in. Just over $200/tire. And they are made in Ardmore, Oklahoma ... I was somewhat shocked at the amount of Chinese tires out there.

Back