• Register Today It's free!

Tracking my Build Date by VIN.

acerussi

Reaction score
City, State
Boston, MA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Explorer XLT
Just ordered a new '11 XLT, 3/14/11. I was told it could be up to 12 weeks which was discouraging. I just got the VIN today 4/4/11 so am now encouraged it may not be 12 weeks. Can anyone let me know what the ballpark wait time is once receiving the VIN? Also, is there anyway to track the build date with the VIN?? Any help is appreciated!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

welcome acer

This is my first post on this site. I ordered my explorer on 3/4/11. Dealer gave me no info, no paperwork, and says they have no idea how to track vehicle build info. They are telling me approx 8 weeks from order date to delivery...Do the have to give me the order number and dealer number if I ask for it...

Shaner - we called and asked our dealer for ours and he gave it to us no problems. he said "i dont think you'll find what you want but here you go." Boy was he wrong, there are so many helpful sites, links and numbers on this site. I called Ford marketing at 800.334.4375 and all i had was my order number, they gave me the dealer number, VIN number(if one has been created yet) and told me to call anytime for an update on the status of my order. once you receive a VIN there are a lot of threads on here that have sites where you can pull up your window sticker . we ordered 3/7 and got our window sticker today with a build date of 4/12 - i am guessing with your order date you are probably right in the same timeline with us...hope this helps, CONGRATS!

Ordered on Jan 30

Vin received on Feb 15

Window Sticker appeared on 3/2

Built on 3/5

Still in Chicago waiting for a ride to CA

how do i print out my window sticker for our new build
Welcome to the forum, pontoonman! Use your VIN with this link:

Code:
http://fordlabels.webview.biz/webviewhybrid/WindowSticker.aspx?vin=<Insert VIN Here>

If you don’t have your VIN yet, drop me a line via PM (with your order number & dealer info) and I’ll look up the latest status. :D

Cory

Back