Transmission suddenly won't go in overdrive or reverse | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Transmission suddenly won't go in overdrive or reverse

TnC2Son

Reaction score
City, State
Long Beach
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 Explorer Sport Trac
My 2005 Ford Explorer Sport Trac suddenly the overdrive doesn't work an reverse is slow as well it was giving a p0270 code so I changed the output speed sensor but no change. I just changed the input speed sensor and am about to drive it and see if that fixes the problem. The weird thing is that it was shifting great and smooth with no issues at all and the next day it started doing this. Any info will be appreciated. Thanks.

My 2005 Ford Explorer Sport Trac suddenly the overdrive doesn't work an reverse is slow as well it was giving a p0270 code so I changed the output speed sensor but no change. I just changed the input speed sensor and am about to drive it and see if that fixes the problem. The weird thing is that it was shifting great and smooth with no issues at all and the next day it started doing this. Any info will be appreciated. Thanks.
The input speed sensor did not fix the issue. It seems like it's getting worse. In overdrive it either barely goes or nothing at all and reverse is the same it barely goes. 2nd isn't wanting to go very fast either it doesn't want to shift?

Back