True dealer invoice | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

True dealer invoice

rellyrooly

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Ex Limited 4WD 302A
Hi all-

Still looking for an Ex Limited with 301A. Believe it or not, I am having a hard time finding one. Anyway, how do we know what true dealer cost is? Not just the fake little "invoice" they are so willing to show us which we all know is bogus. I want to truly know what they pay for my vehicle and I heard that a 3-5% profit is where they are willing to go over that. I must say that all the dealers around me are in no way willing to negotiate the way so many of you have gotten your dealers to. I am wondering why.....? Is the AZ market so different?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The dealer invoice price isn't even the whole story. Dealers can get volume discounts and other kinds of kickbacks. That is why it's possible to buy a car "below dealer invoice". At least that's what I think. I just bought my daughter a Corrolla. I went on TrueCar.com to find a "bottom line price" and it ended up being more then I negotiated. This might sound unethical but what I did was call up four Toyota dealers around me and pretty much had them eat away at the price. Also, when you call as to speak to a sales manager. This eliminates the "let me ask my manager and call you back" dilemma.

Hi all-

Still looking for an Ex Limited with 301A. Believe it or not, I am having a hard time finding one. Anyway, how do we know what true dealer cost is? Not just the fake little "invoice" they are so willing to show us which we all know is bogus. I want to truly know what they pay for my vehicle and I heard that a 3-5% profit is where they are willing to go over that. I must say that all the dealers around me are in no way willing to negotiate the way so many of you have gotten your dealers to. I am wondering why.....? Is the AZ market so different?

Those "fake little invoices" really aren't fake. Most of the time we really don't care about showing customers the invoices because you can just get the into online.

Hi all-

Good luck in find what you are looking for on the lot. I think the last day to order what you want is tomorrow (April 12th).
I'm on my 5th lease and I never got caught up in the whole Invoice, MRSP, hold back issue. I simply went in and negotiated a deal that I was happy with in each case. If that wasn't possible, I would have simply walked out. FYI, I have yet to walk out.

Peter

Good luck in find what you are looking for on the lot. I think the last day to order what you want is tomorrow (April 12th).
I'm on my 5th lease and I never got caught up in the whole Invoice, MRSP, hold back issue. I simply went in and negotiated a deal that I was happy with in each case. If that wasn't possible, I would have simply walked out. FYI, I have yet to walk out.

Peter

Can you clarify what you mean by "I think the last day to order what you want is tomorrow (April 12th)."

I am about to close a deal to custom order a LTD. As i understand what you said after April 12th it cant be done anymore?

Can you clarify what you mean by "I think the last day to order what you want is tomorrow (April 12th)."

I am about to close a deal to custom order a LTD. As i understand what you said after April 12th it cant be done anymore?
I'll have to try and find those dates. They are on this forum in a few places.
Did a 'search' and found it.

According to the link, the final order date for the 2013 model year is April 12th.

http://api.viglink.com/api/click?fo...buildout.pdf&jsonp=vglnk_jsonp_13656878148726

Peter

Hi all-

Still looking for an Ex Limited with 301A...

Hi rellyrooly,

Give our Marketing Program Headquarters a call at 1-800-334-4375. They can locate a vehicle that matches your exact specifications anywhere in the country. Let us know how your search goes! :)

Crystal

Hi all-

Sit down with your salesman and have him build it in the computer in front of you. That screen shot will show your true invoice which includes the advertising and gas fee.

My dealer did it in front of me and then printed off that build sheet with my order #.

Dealers get a 3% kickback from Ford on the msrp of each vehicle. Some will negotiate that but Most won't and I cant blame them. Dealers are entitled to make a profit,$1,000-$1,500 is fair to me.

I ordered my Limited with 301a package at the end of March. What I wanted couldn't be found anywhere in the country. I felt like having to order the car made some dealers not want to talk to us. I didn't really understand that since I was bringing them the sale with no work.

I priced out the car I wanted both on KBB and Edmunds.com. They give you MSRP, invoice, and a true market value in your area. This at least gave me a starting price. I eventually ordered what I wanted for $1K less than the "true market value" on these websites. The websites priced out each individual option which was helpful.

I ordered my Limited with 301a package at the end of March. What I wanted couldn't be found anywhere in the country. I felt like having to order the car made some dealers not want to talk to us. I didn't really understand that since I was bringing them the sale with no work.

I priced out the car I wanted both on KBB and Edmunds.com. They give you MSRP, invoice, and a true market value in your area. This at least gave me a starting price. I eventually ordered what I wanted for $1K less than the "true market value" on these websites. The websites priced out each individual option which was helpful.

Include on those sites is not the true dealer cost. They give you an idea of the cost of options but don't include the advertisement fee that Ford charges the dealer for each vehicle nor the gas fee.

Why would you buy a 2013 in the last week of ordering?

Why not buy the 14 MY?

14 MY Explorer Job1 starts June 3rd.

True but I thought the model old immediate depreciation was higher.

True but I thought the model old immediate depreciation was higher.

True, depreciation is a factor as all new vehicles depreciate (more with MY 13). Maybe one needs a car in the next month or two. By waiting for MY 14 you may not take delivery until July or August.

Eddie

Back