• Register Today It's free!

Tune Update question

fangelillo01

Reaction score
City, State
Northern NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 Sport
The computer I used to initially transfer my custom tune to device I no longer have access to. I have a MAC so I used my co-workers personal computer. I downloaded all the SCT software to my work computer. My question is SCT just released a new update for the device and before I update the device do I need to return my vehicle back to stock?? The vehicle is running perfectly so I don't really need the update but I wanted the downloader on this new computer. I'm nervous to plug the device into the computer and it automatically update. Thank you for the help

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

SCT device cannot connect??

I updated my SCT device through WiFi because for some reason the device won't connect to the computer. I've downloaded the updater software and the Livelink software but the computer will not recognize the device. Can anyone help me on what to do?

You should return to stock before updating the device. When you fire up the device updater you are presented with the option to update, but you can skip it. I don't recall any auto updates taking place.

The computer I used to initially transfer my custom tune to device I no longer have access to. I have a MAC so I used my co-workers personal computer. I downloaded all the SCT software to my work computer. My question is SCT just released a new update for the device and before I update the device do I need to return my vehicle back to stock?? The vehicle is running perfectly so I don't really need the update but I wanted the downloader on this new computer. I'm nervous to plug the device into the computer and it automatically update. Thank you for the help

You should always return to stock before updating the device. Its safer that way in case something happens to the device during the update. That being said, its not necessary to update all the time. Many times the updates are just to add new vehicle support and new features, and to fix bugs. FYI, just plugging it in, the device will not auto update, you have to initiate the process. You'll be fine.

I updated my SCT device through WiFi because for some reason the device won't connect to the computer. I've downloaded the updater software and the Livelink software but the computer will not recognize the device. Can anyone help me on what to do?

You are likely having a problem with the drivers. You will need tech support to remote connect and fix it for you. Give them a call, 407-774-2447. M-F 9am-6pm EST.

You should return to stock before updating the device. When you fire up the device updater you are presented with the option to update, but you can skip it. I don't recall any auto updates taking place.

Exactly!

Thanks for the replies guys. I did return it to stock before I updated and as you can see from my other post I've gotten into the swing of datalogging now. Thanks

Back