Uncommon lift combo + 285's on stock wheel questions | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Uncommon lift combo + 285's on stock wheel questions

Jmedina613

Reaction score
City, State
Clermont Florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Ford Explorer XLT
Hey everyone, I have an 02 explorer looking to lift it in the near future.
Obviously i have the option of the 883 body lift and btf spacers however, i dont want to spend the money for the upper control arms. Simply cant afford it, im 17 with 2 low paying jobs trying to save my money.

Anyways i was wondering if anybody has a lift combo of just the 3 inch body lift and 2 inch leveling kit from BTF (front struts only). Since its only a 2 inch lift would i still need btf uca's up front??? Would this look ok?

Second question is about tires, is it possible and safe to fit 285/75/16 on the stock 16x7.5 wheels?
I will also be installing 2 inch wheel spacers to give it that extra aggressive look (Hopefully)

any input would be much appreciated, thanks guys!

I would post some pics of my ex but i cant figure out how.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If you have an instagram go check out my buddy [MENTION=31169]johnnyreb[/MENTION]ell he has a 3in body lift with 2" front spacers on 35s.

He should be able to help you out.

If you have an instagram go check out my buddy [MENTION=31169]johnnyreb[/MENTION]ell he has a 3in body lift with 2" front spacers on 35s.

He should be able to help you out.
\

Funny you said that, ive actually been following him for awhile now. He has the white McNeil fenders. didnt know he had this combo, thanks!

\

Funny you said that, ive actually been following him for awhile now. He has the white McNeil fenders. didnt know he had this combo, thanks!

yeah. I have a red 02 and his build is my inspiration.

3" body and 2" spacer lift with 2" wheel spacers will work just fine on stock wheels... And you won't need the UCA's right away... I have 2 1/2 inch spacer lift 3" body and 1" wheel spacers and I have lots of clearance... two things I wish I had done then was kept to 2" lift and gone with at least 1 1/2 wheel spacers...
Save up the money and eventually get the upper controle arms it wount hurt specally if you wheel it...

3" body and 2" spacer lift with 2" wheel spacers will work just fine on stock wheels... And you won't need the UCA's right away... I have 2 1/2 inch spacer lift 3" body and 1" wheel spacers and I have lots of clearance... two things I wish I had done then was kept to 2" lift and gone with at least 1 1/2 wheel spacers...
Save up the money and eventually get the upper controle arms it wount hurt specally if you wheel it...

Styx, If you mind. I too am up grading to the 285's. Why would you go with the 2" front spacer if you had done it differently? I all currently have 1" wheel spacers. Thinking of the 1.5 or 2" wheel spacers. Mine currently has a 3" body lift.
Thanks for your input and thoughts.

The 2" spacers would make it but get inch and a half wheel spacers or different wheels or you will rub...

Cheers Randy...

Back