unlocking all doors without keyfob | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

unlocking all doors without keyfob

jasonmolinari

Reaction score
When using the auto-unlock by grabbing the door handle is there any way to unlock all the doors without using the keyfob or the button on the inside of the door?

thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You should be able to program the locks this way. I've not done it, but look into the set up.

From a personal saftey standpoint, your choice may NOT be the best.

agree, but i'm wondering if there is a way to do both. For example, on my G35 i have a button on the handle. Press once, it unlocks only driver, press again it unlocks all door.

agree, but i'm wondering if there is a way to do both. For example, on my G35 i have a button on the handle. Press once, it unlocks only driver, press again it unlocks all door.

I mainly use the keyless entry 5 digit code to open the doors.

I have done that to mine. It's in the MFT setup, I believe under vehicle settings.

thanks. haven't played with that. Can that open just driver or all optionally?

With the keyless entry, you can open just the driver's door (5 digit code) and then make all 4 doors open by hitting the 3-4 key after the code is entered.

Isn't there a button on the outside of the door handle? Is that just to lock the door when leaving?

It would appear that button is acutally fake...the lock/unlock occurs with a sensor behind the handle, from what i could tell!

As for the keypad, I haven't messed with the new ones, but on old explorers it was:

Passkey +

3-4 unlock all doors
5-6 pop gate glass

If you pressed the botom two buttons it would lock all the doors.

Back