visor / mirror diff between PIU and ST? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

visor / mirror diff between PIU and ST?

mikegrad77

Reaction score
City, State
Westchester NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 ST Atlas Blue
Hi all, need some help here. i recently purchased a Feneix fusion visor light for my 2020 ST. The fitting says it fits the PIU, and typically in the explorers they have been mostly similar. Of course with this one i have some serious fit issues. First, does the PIU have the large black plastic unit attached to the windshield behind the rear view mirror? the spacing of the bar seems problematic and it might have something to do with that. If any one has the PIU and could share some photos of the rear view mirror and windshiled, as well as the visors, it would be helpful to me.

thanks
Mike

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

To my understanding, Ford is not allowing the general public to purchase the PIU directly from dealers. As such, it will only occur once the gov't entities that own PIU's put them up for auction. You will be looking at several years down the road before that happens IMHO.

If "Snake Bite" doesn't task me with watching the grandkids, I will try and go by the Dana Safety Supply install center and take some pictures. I will also try and buttonhole Joff, the manager and inquire about fitment.
Mike

At the Dana install center. First question asked by the lead tech. "Do you have the moonroof?" It seems the headliner is different. This makes sense to me. My ST does not and the split windshield light bar snugs right up without issue. In fact, if I didn't already have the light bar for the push bumper, I'd go with the interior take down lights.

IMG_20200401_172341.jpg

IMG_20200401_172350.jpg

Windshield mounting point from outside of 2020 PIU

Just received the answer from customer service at Feneix. The visor lights you ordered are specific to the PIU and will not fit the civilian models

Back