Warning!! "Dorman Disc Brake Caliper Bracket" does not fit | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Warning!! "Dorman Disc Brake Caliper Bracket" does not fit

bkmc24

Reaction score
City, State
Delaware, Ohio
Year, Model & Trim Level
1996 5.0 4X4 XLT
I replaced my brakes this week and hub(because my bearing died) and ran into one amazing snag that even auto zone or advance auto parts couldnt explain to me. Wanted to share the info and hope people read this before they go through the hassle I did.

I decided to replace my pads and rotors. When disassembled I found out my slides on my caliper bracket we seized on both sides. I went to order new bracket. On advance's site and auto zones site the part I ordered (who I got from advance) is the "Dorman Disc Brake Caliper Bracket.(part #619-111)" It comes with new slides, boots and bolts which was the main reason I ordered it.

It does NOT fit!

The bolt holes for the bracket to bolt to the spindle/knuckle are 1 1/2 inches longer than the factory ones. It is the same part for the ranger and mountaineer but it will not fit.

What I had to end up doing was buy the non-loaded caliper bracket which was the "Cardone Brake Caliper Bracket (Part #14-1002)." Sad thing is you have to buy slides, bolts and boots separate and it costs about $20 more than buying the loaded brackets that don't even fit. I tried reasoning with the sales guys and they understood the dilema, just "couldnt" help me out.

Hope this helps someone.

I had the same problem. my drivers side bracket had a slide frozen in place and I couldn't get it out. I went to get the 14-1002 from autozone and it cross referenced with the 619-111. Well, we both now know it ain't the same. Took it back and got the 14-1002 from advance. I was also installing new calipers which came with all the extra hardware, so no problem there. By the way, if I recall, the cardone part that didn't fit was the 619-111. The dorman part that did fit was 14-1002. Just make sure to get the dorman and you'll be fine.

It was a huge pain in the ass. I had to wait a total of 4 days because they never had what i needed in stock so I had to wait for PDQ

Back