• Register Today It's free!

We ordered a 2018 explorer today

dkean

Reaction score
City, State
south Jersey
Year, Model & Trim Level
2018 Explorer XLT 3.5 V6
We ordered a 2018 XLT explorer today. It has the 3.5 na V6 front wheel drive. We only got two options. The 202A pkg and white platinum paint. It came to around 35k and change before our trade in. They said it will take about two weeks to get the build date and order number so I can track it. I'm retired ford and can track it on my ford site. When I was working I could follow it through the plant. This will be our first two wheel drive since 1995. We are both retired now and don't need to go out in bad weather.
On the test drive it sure handled better then our 2014 Grand Cherokee.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Congratulations. Now the waiting begins. Just like an expectant parent.:D

Peter

Nice choice, my wife has a jeep and I know the one I prefer and it does not start with J

Brian

Another good thing about being retired ford is I don't have to pay dealer prep. That saves us hundreds of dollars. I think I would rather pay dealer prep and not have to pay sales tax.:( That will happen when pigs fly. I also payed below invoice too.

We ordered a 2018 XLT explorer today. It has the 3.5 na V6 front wheel drive. We only got two options. The 202A pkg and white platinum paint. It came to around 35k and change before our trade in. They said it will take about two weeks to get the build date and order number so I can track it. I'm retired ford and can track it on my ford site. When I was working I could follow it through the plant. This will be our first two wheel drive since 1995. We are both retired now and don't need to go out in bad weather.
On the test drive it sure handled better then our 2014 Grand Cherokee.
We got our vin#. ETA 8/4/18. Our order was sent to ford the day we ordered it 5/9/18. Looks like 72 days to delivery.

I got my build date.

My dealer called and gave me my build date for our 2018 XLT explorer. As it stands now it will be built on July 9 2018. That is my daughter's birth day. She will be 56 years old. I drove my wife to the hospital in our 1955 ford. I traded my 1953 ford for the 1955. Our family liked fords so much that my dad bought a 1958 Edsel.
They(Ford) has my permission to move the date up again :D.

Our 2018 XLT went into production today 6/28/ 2018

We ordered it 5/09 2018. The first build date we got from the dealer was 7/09/2018. The earliest it could come off final assembly line would be the end of second shift today 6/28/2018.
We didn't even feel the labor pains. ;)

That's awesome man, congrats.

Sweet, be sure to show some pics when you get her.

Build date got changed to July 29 th. Delivery on August 4 th. :dunno:

My Explorer is awaiting shipment as of 7/15/2018

Yesterday it was still in production. Today (7/15/2018) the first time I checked my Ford site it shows it is out of production and awaiting shipment. :bounce::):thumbsup: I hope they have enough rail cars to ship it right away.

Congrats on the new Explorer. X2 on some pics when you get it. BTW what dealer did you purchase it from?.

I bought from Gentilini Ford in woodbine NJ. I have been buying from them since 1995. My 95- F150 -99.5- F250 7.3 4x4 - 2006 F350 6.0 dully. We sold the dully and fifth wheel and bought a 2014 jeep grand Cherokee. I bought the jeep because it is full time 4x4. No two wheel drive option. We don't need that now so I m back to Ford. I worked for Ford for 10.5 years and buy below dealer cost.
I would post pictures but I don't know how. I come from the analog generation.

I too am from the analog generation, my wife is more computer savy then me & she showed me how to post pictures. I worked for several different Ford dealers in northern NJ.

Hi Mike, I worked at the Mahwah assembly plant from 1964 to 1975.

I too am from the analog generation, my wife is more computer savy then me & she showed me how to post pictures. I worked for several different Ford dealers in northern NJ.

I worked for Gene Deng at Elmwood Ford in my misspent youth.

I worked for Gene Deng at Elmwood Ford in my misspent youth.

I worked for Ed Carney Ford in East Hanover, & Verner-Cadby Ford in Fairfield.

I worked for Ed Carney Ford in East Hanover, & Verner-Cadby Ford in Fairfield.

I'm familiar with both, especially Carney. Used to get parts there sometimes.

Back