What happens if Ford raises incentives after you order? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What happens if Ford raises incentives after you order?

Kzoo Driver

Reaction score
City, State
Portage, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 Ford 500
I just noticed last evening that Ford upped the ante from $1000 to $1500 on cashback incentives for my area assuming delivery is taken by October 1. I ordered my Ex almost two weeks ago, but it apparently wasn't picked as part of last week's allotment.

I don't have a delivery date, but I would hope that it would be before October 1. If that's the case, would I benefit from the higher cash back bonus or am I stuck with the $1000 that was in place at the time I placed the order?

I'm also racing the clock on my $750 private cash. I ordered it within a day of receiving the card, and -- at this point -- it's not clear that even then I can take delivery before the expiration date on the card!

Anyone else have any luck navigating these two situations with the dealership? I'm afraid I'm going to get stuck missing the deadline for the $750 AND the higher cash incentives. Obviously, I'd love to cash in on both.

Any insight would be appreciated!

Your dealer should have put incentive protection on your current cash back. That will keep it valid at the time of delivery, even if the time runs out. Now, if the new cash back incentive is still valid at the time of delivery, you will get that. If it isn't you will still have the original $1000 under the price protection.

As for the $750 bonus cash, that technically isn't protected under the incentive protection that your dealer performs. When it expires, it expires, but a few folks on here have had some luck in it being honored beyond the expiry. That may take a call to Ford marketing to keep that going.

I hope that made sense :) If you have any more questions, feel free to ask :)

Back