what size bit to drill out body bolts? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

what size bit to drill out body bolts?

tgreene92

Reaction score
City, State
south jersey
Year, Model & Trim Level
'98 XLT x2
so i started my body lift today but the bolts were rusted soo bad that they still snapped after a week of pb and heat treatment, does anybody know what size bit or hole saw i should use to drill them out, one is a very front mount and the other is behind the passenger seat, any help is wonderfully appreciated as id like to finish this tomorrow.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Should be 1/2".

Yes you can. Fastenal is probably your best bet. There is a post in one of the body lift threads that tells you what size the bolts are. The stock ones are metric. I'll see if I can find it.

yea 1/2 would have worked, bolts and mounts were so rusted they just crumbled,ill get some pics today of how bad they were, i ended up having to cut the bottom of the mount off and taking the middle rubber body mount out and just putting a metal sleeve inside for the new bolt to slide through, and yes i got all new hardware from fastenal, there the only place that could/was willing to order them.

Back