Where can i find lots of Sand to drive on? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Where can i find lots of Sand to drive on?

Originally posted by yob_yeknom
NJ is probably at least 8 hours from here.

maybe if you only drive 25MPH:p

how long did it take you to get to Paragon?
the place in NJ is a LOT closer to you (by a few hours)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

hey let me know if you guys decide to go. i live in nc so it won't be too far a drive for me.

Sand...

Just thought I should kick in...

There are a couple places on the Jersey shore where you can drive along the beach... as long as you are carrying rods and going fishing. So far, I have not done this as beach = salt. It could be pretty fun though if the fish were biting! Might be a little tough getting the smell out of the upholstery though...

I also suggest the Pine Barrens. Stay on the roads. You can certainly find sand. There are also possibilities of minor mud and some deeper mud and water that you need to watch out for. We generally go in with both the '91 Ex. and the jeep. The Ex. does fine with its 31" AT's aired down to around 18 or so. Going in at street pressure is not desirable as it tends to sink a bit too much.

I was guessing 8 hours because it took me 6 to get to Paragon and lizardtrac 2 to get there. I added that and got 8. See my reasoning there? Guess I was wrong though.

As for the Outer Banks, seems like everything there shuts down around the middle of November. If we were to go there, I think it'd be best to wait until next spring.

The NJ Pines? Hmmm... When would you be planning on going? What exactly is it?

leenjen, aren't you going to Paragon on the 18th? I was planning on trying to make it so that I could finally meet the audio genius that's been helping me so much. Even if you don't want to wheel your truck, you could easily take the level 1 courses we go throuh to start with and then you could ride with me.

well john, I was going east ta west, u were goin south ta north, ta get ta paragon, jersey aint near as far as paragon, look up on mapsonus.com or some other map site, and look for forked river nj, its the farthest north part of the pinies. this is all in the southern most tip of nj so its not that far from ya. im willin ta go anytime everyone else wants ta go, im ordering my rear locker tomorrow, and maybe navigation.

So what does everyone wanna do???? Nj or no??? my beast is itchin for some dirt!!!!!!

Back