Where can I purchase Body frame brackets. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Where can I purchase Body frame brackets.

DeRocha

NEX Vice President
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Brockton, MA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XLT 4x4
There are 10 body frame brackets riveted to the frame on my 1st Gen Explorer. When replacing the rubber body bushings I have found a few of these brackets to be structurally unsound due to rust. To prevent any confusion I am not talking about any part of the rubber body bushings, or hardware (flanged washers etc) that are removable, I am talking about the steel brackets that are riveted to the frame.

As it stands now I don't want to remove any more bushings and further compromise my body to frame connections.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ford? if not there then you're probably SOL.

im with doug, im thinking hte dealership....

I'll bet they're not available without a frame attached (come on, you know Ford). There's a wrecked '99 in the For Sale forum. Maybe the owner would be willing to take those brackets off for you.

Thanks for the suggestions... I called my Ford parts place and the brackets are no longer available or obsolete . They Suggested I come in and ID the correct bracket (The parts guy said 2 versions came up on his schematic: square and one more round). They can then do some kind of part search to see if any dealer has one lying around.... I'm thinking thats a long shot, so I need to see if my local bone yard will torch a bracket off one of their treasures... Otherwise I guess I'll be forced to tell the wife I have no choice but to buy some steel, and a nice MIG welder ;)

Back