Which grille guard/push bar should i buy??? !!NEED OPINIONS!! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Which grille guard/push bar should i buy??? !!NEED OPINIONS!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

number 1 looks better i think

I have #2. I'm looking to buy #1 because the current one doesn't protect a whole lot. It stops at the top of my trim. The full brush guard goes to the top of the grill. So I think. I'll post after I get it bought :D

Neither one will offer much real world protection. IMO none of the pre-fab stuff does, it's all thin, weak metal and it is only bolted in at the bottom so it will just bend (if something hits the headlight for instance)

also many brush guards, in the instance of bumping another car (which would normally just bounce off the bumper) it'll bend the brush guard back and dent the hood, grille, or other parts. and you'll end up with more damage than if you had just the stock bumper. just something to keep in mind. (ive seen it happen)

if you're buying it for looks then it's fine, personally i like the second one a little better.

Neither one will offer much real world protection. IMO none of the pre-fab stuff does, it's all thin, weak metal and it is only bolted in at the bottom so it will just bend (if something hits the headlight for instance)

also many brush guards, in the instance of bumping another car (which would normally just bounce off the bumper) it'll bend the brush guard back and dent the hood, grille, or other parts. and you'll end up with more damage than if you had just the stock bumper. just something to keep in mind. (ive seen it happen)

if you're buying it for looks then it's fine, personally i like the second one a little better.

My personal experience...

It's called a BRUSH guard because it's supposed to protect from brush when off roading. When I was on a trail, I hit a small tree, I rolled right over it no problem, but after the ride my left bumper (not the trim, the body directly under the light) was actually dented and split. If I would've had a legit brush guard instead of the push bar, it would've been saved, and my trac would have one less battle scar :p

Another instance was a parking lot accident. A Dakota backed up into my right side bumper, and again, dented and split the body near the light and destroyed the head light itself. If I woulda had a full brush guard and cage for the head light, I wouldn't be out $450.

And they do bend due to thE poor attatchment point, but it would drastically decrease the force of a hit or bump. If u hit another vehicle going faster than 10 mph it wouldn't help but for little things like off roading, or parking lot wars it can help. IMO. :) I am in agreence that number 2 looks way better

I Also Have A Bar Like The Second One......And I Tell YOu...I Wish I Had The First

I have #1 bought it a few months ago, its great took about an hour to install. So i have to say #1 plus you can mount lights on it later on.

I have a Westin guard and it has save my bacon more than once. For a pre-fab guard, it works very well.

ive had #1 on most of my trucks, F150, explorer(94), and ranger. my ST is the only truck i think would look right with #2 installed. the full brushguard is nice, but i would easily say a bull bar (#2) will look nice on a st.

I like the full brush guard on your truck. On my explorer, however, I don't look to be running over trees or anything, i will be getting the push bar mainly for its looks and to mount some foglights on. So #1 for you #2 for me! :D

I have #1 bought it a few months ago, its great took about an hour to install. So i have to say #1 plus you can mount lights on it later on.

You can mount lights on either. I have the bump bar and it has holes drilled for 2 lights. If not, u can spend like $20 and get tube light mounts from PIAA

Back