• Register Today It's free!

Whipple Intercooler

evilgeek

Reaction score
City, State
Tennessee
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer ST
This looks interesting. Stock intercooler is really small. Install job will be a bit involved though, as the intercooler is really buried deep inside the front end.

Not sure why the preview is saying F-150, this is specifically for the Explorer ST.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It won’t be a major task. Front bumper off and the rest would be a breeze. Looks like a sold part which one would expect from whipple. Will be a major upgrade for tuned cars they will be able to forward the timing much easier with cooler IAT’s

Yeah, I've been hesitant to put a tune on here in California where I can only get 91 octane, but if this can keep the knock sensor happy it becomes a lot more appealing.

Keep in mind that any such modification can have warranty implications.

Peter

Keep in mind that any such modification can have warranty implications.

Peter
Only if the dealership can prove that the modification caused whatever discrepancy you have.

Only if the dealership can prove that the modification caused whatever discrepancy you have.
That why I said "can". :)

Peter

Palm Beach Dyno is selling it for less than $1k Still not sure I want to spend the bucks ............ That's a lot of Sinatra's Finest. ;)

My dealer is putting the intercooler on for me...

This looks interesting. Stock intercooler is really small. Install job will be a bit involved though, as the intercooler is really buried deep inside the front end.

Not sure why the preview is saying F-150, this is specifically for the Explorer ST.
Hello - saw your post. Want to know how to find out who does this swap in my area. Would like to install Whipple and maybe Cat
back exhaust.

Can this intercooler fit on a 2020 Explorer XLT not an st?

Yeah, I've been hesitant to put a tune on here in California where I can only get 91 octane, but if this can keep the knock sensor happy it becomes a lot more appealing.
I've had a 91 octane performance tune from ssi on my 2.3 explorer and it's fantastic. Been about 11 months and 11k since I've had it and no issues with the tune. Transmission cooler was leaking which was common, returned the ecu back to stock, dealer replace and re-flashed the tune when they were done. Obviously the ST is more powerful and has more upgrades thus more tuning available than the XLT.

Just installed my whipple IC today. Much easier than i expected actually. Only thing that threw me for a loop was i had rivets on the bottom of my rad shroud and not bolts like the install manual and online vids i've seen.

Just installed my whipple IC today. Much easier than i expected actually. Only thing that threw me for a loop was i had rivets on the bottom of my rad shroud and not bolts like the install manual and online vids i've seen.
Great.. ur feedback is much appreciated to decide to go for it or not

Back