Wierd Headlight Problem | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Wierd Headlight Problem

paulsaddress5

Reaction score
The truck is a 93 explorer. I think its the multifunction switch but would like a few more opinions. When the multifunction switch is in the low beam mode, if I turn on the lights, I have no headlights, just marker lights etc. All the rear lights work and signals and stuff. Then if i turn on the highbeams with the multifunction switch the lights turn on, but the indicator on the dash for the high beams is not on... until i turn the truck off. So with the vehicle running i have hi beams but no idicator, and with it off i have high beams and the indicator. No low beams running or not. haha CONFUSING. But instead of throwing parts at it I wanted some opinions.
THanks for the help

Hmm that is weird. Have you looked at the bulbs to see if the low beam filament is burned out? Takes two seconds and is a free check

Hmm that is weird. Have you looked at the bulbs to see if the low beam filament is burned out? Takes two seconds and is a free check

Checked the bulbs, filaments are fine. Next suggestion? I was thinking the highbeam switch, aka multifunction i guess.

Back