Will a poweracoustik 1600 watt amp be over powering 2 700 watt subs? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Will a poweracoustik 1600 watt amp be over powering 2 700 watt subs?

well what about the audiobahn A1300HC, its 1200X 1 at 1 ohm, or the A2200HCX, its rated at 600 x2 at 1 ohm, or 1600 X 1 at 1 ohm, but when its X 1 doesnt that mean its only gunna power one sub?? Sorry, I know enough about systems to build boxes, and hook them up, Ive just never had a sustem this big..oh by the way, those amps are on thezeb.com for like 249.00 and 299.00..and all the info on there..so help me out

No, you can still hook up multiple subs when an amp is rated x 1 channel. You just have more then one + and - wires connected to the same terminal.

Either amp would work for your setup. Either way you would want to wire in Parallel (+ to + and - to -) to achieve the 1ohm total load required for the 1200x1 or 1600x1 ratings.

The A1300HCX is a 1-channel amp, where as the A2200HCX is a 2-channel amp. So if you went with the A2200HCX you would have to bridge it (usually you would use the Left channel + and the Right channel -)

2_4ohmDVC_1ohm.gif

Don't let the picture fool you (since you said you were new to the wiring). You don't have to use the same + wire or the same - wire. Each coil can have it's own + and - wire. The biggest thing to remember is that all the +'s from the coils go to the + on the amp, and all the -'s from the coils go to the - on the amp.

If you are using a manufactured enclosure, then you would run a + wire from the amp to each terminal set on the enclosure (there should be 2), and the same thing with the -. Then on the "inside" of the enclosure, you would run 2 + wires (1 to each coil) and 2 - wires in each chamber. If you need a more detailed pic I can create one for you and e-mail it to you...

LOL 162db with 4 12" audiobahns and 1600w total. AHAHAHAHAHAH

Back