• Register Today It's free!

Windows down...Darnedest Thing

Bill Southerland

Reaction score
City, State
Plano
Year, Model & Trim Level
2018 LT
Last night when I parked my Explorer, it was raining. I got out of the car, locked the doors (standing in the rain) and went inside and ultimately to bed. Just before going to bed, as usual, I remotely locked (re-locked) the car doors from inside the house. Awoke this morning and found out that the two front windows are down and it rained into the car during the night. Everything works, ignition, window controls, door locks, radio, etc. Any ideas out there about what might have happened to cause the windows to lower and how to be sure it won't happen again?

Welcome to the Forum Bill.:wave:
It would seem that somehow you may have activated the 'Global Opening' feature. See page 91 of your Owner's Manual. However, the senario to activate that feature does not seem to correspond to your situation. The Manual also says (if equipped) and I don't know if the XLT has that. by the way, I'm guessing you have an XLT even though your profile shows "LT". My suggestion is to try and replicate what you did last night and see if it happens again.

Peter

Something similar happened to me recently, although it was not raining and it was parked in the garage. I went to get in the vehicle and found both front windows down. And we never lock the car when in the garage.

Back