• Register Today It's free!

wiper control module?

mechjames

Reaction score
City, State
Richmond, BC
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 Explorer XLT
where is the wiper control module located on a 94 first gen explorer XLT? Is it in the wiper motor like most chevys or is it located somewhere else? I only have a working high speed, nothing else works on the switch, but i hear the relay click from off onto delay, just not getting power to the motor.

i've got one on an 89bronco II that will work (same motor), and i'd like to know if its in the same place too.

there is a better chance the problem is in the multifunction switch on steering column. The contacts wear and build high resistance. You probably don't have any intermittent functions either.

well i don't have intermittent, but they sometimes don't park. If i'm on high, and bring it to low, they won't park down, they will park if i go from high to intermittent, to even off. but if i go from off to intermittent, i can hear a relay click when its first switches on, so i'm pretty sure its not the steering column switch.

i changed the multifunction switch on the steering column with a new one, with no success.

is the wiper governor under the dash close to the middle and is it the same box where the beep chime comes from? because i looked at some of the wires from the multifunction switch and they match up to that black box.

Back