• Register Today It's free!

wiring diagram

smug

Reaction score
City, State
Victoria
Year, Model & Trim Level
02 sport trac
Hello, I managed to salvage a great pair of power leather heated seats out of an 02 sport trac. I have an 01 with no power. What I need to know is what the 5 wires coming off the plug are for on both the drivers and passangers seat.

I have looked all over and cannot seem to find the correct diagram.

Any help would be appreciated.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Click on my screen name to the left and send me an email with the subject "Wiring Diagram" and I'll send you back what you need.

"Technically" there are no heated seats in '02 Sport Tracs, according to the wiring diagrams. Maybe they came from an '03 with an '02 production date. I'm sending you wiring info..........for an 03.

seat swap

Hello, I have an 02 ST. I switching out my drivers side leather seat (non heated) with just 2 wires going to it (ground and power) and my manual passenger seat. Switching to an 03 set of powered seats (each heated) with 5 wires.
I don't know much about how to do this so please forgive if this sounds silly.
Can I hook up ground to ground and then power the other 4 wires with my 1 hot wire? My thought process gets worse. Can I also jump a wire from drivers side ground and hot wire to power the other seat?
Your wisdom will be greatly appreciated.

I would not do that. Firstly running 1 power wire to 4 will be tomuch of load for the one wire. also the heated seats are to be wired in to the igntion some where so they turn off wheen you turn your car off. last thing you need is for your car to burn to the ground because you didnt turn off your heated seat when you got out of it.

Thanks R1dd1ck,

So, maybe on the drivers side:
  • Ground (black wire to black wire)
  • Power for seat (white/black stripe wire to seat power wire) - which wire(s) are for the seat power?
  • Power for seat heat (run one wire from ignition controlled wire to heat wires) - which wires are for the heat control?
On the passenger side I would run a new power wire, give it an inline fuse (what size wire gauge and fuse would be appropriate?), and do the same as the drivers side.
It sounds like at this point I really need to know what the 5 wires do so I can hook them up appropriately.

Back