witch amp will work well with my 12 inch audiobahn | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

witch amp will work well with my 12 inch audiobahn

WannaXP8

Reaction score
City, State
St. Louis MO
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 Explorer
Its from ikesound.com is a Lanzar RK12002L here is the specs..
2 x 300 Watts RMS at 4 Ohms
2 x 600 Watts Max at 4 Ohms
1 x 1200 Watts Max at 4 Ohms Bridged
2 x 550 Watts RMS at 2 Ohms
Electronic Crossover Network
Bridgeable at 4 Ohms
2 Ohm Stereo Stable
Tri-Mode Capable
Gold RCA Inputs
High Pass Controls
Low Pass Controls
Bass Boost Controls
Power & Protection Circuitry
Soft Turn On/Off
Rack Mount
Dimensions: 12.2"W x 2.3"H x

OR

Legacy LA2060
heres the specs

Two Channel Amplification
1000 Watts x 2 Output
2000 Watts x 1 Bridged Output
Fully Adjustable Electronic Crossover Network
Variable Bass Boost (0~12dB @ 60Hz)
Soft Turn On/Off Circuit
2 Ohm Stereo Stable
Bridgeable into 4 Ohms
MOSFET PWM Power Supply
Heavy Duty Aluminum Alloy Heatsink
Discreet Wire Connections
Variable Gain Control
Remote Turn On/Off
Hi/Lo Level Inputs
Gold Plated High Impedance Input
High Level MOLEX Input
Power On LED Indicator
LED Protection Indicator
S/N Ratio: >95dB • THD: < 0.04%
Frequency Response: 15 30kHz
Thermal/Overload/Short Circuit Protection
Dimensions (LxHxW): 17.71" x 2.25" x

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

the subs are aw1200x's...

well your subs dual 4 ohms so look for an amp thats bridgeable to 2 ohms, or a mono amp 2 ohms stable....
Is your second choice a 2 ohm stable mono amp?

Is that amp the same as the lanzar rk12002c?
If so you could use each channel @ 4 ohms to power the sub, but there are better choices.....
As for the legacy? I dont see any rms ratings, and I am guessing with experience that you'll never get 1kwatts x2 out of that amp...:rolleyes:

Both of your choices were between 120-160 how bout I suggest something else in that range.... Either amp you chose would work, but not that well....

all from ikesound.com
-Profile California 600MSX $79.00 600w
-Rockford Fosgate POWER 351M $135 350w
-Sony XM-D1000P5 $169 1600w
more mono amps....
http://www.ikesound.com/category-category_id/55
amp specials....
http://www.thezeb.com/caraudio/specials_amplifiers.html

If you want to spend a little more might I suggest since you have a nice audiobahn sub, try an audiobahn amp.?

The audiobahn 8000T will reward your sub with 800watts rms, and is 180 at ikesound
http://www.ikesound.com/product-product_id/1514

good luck and hope I helped a little....

so you saying you would go with a 800 watt audiobahn over a 1200 watt lanzar?? Can you explain?

i wouldnt get either of those amps...look at MTX amps or profile is good the audiobahn amps by far look the best but thats where it stops

Bah. Audiobahn amps are fine. I dont know if ikesound will deliever a quality product, but I know plenty of people that use audiobahn amps and love them.
Fact is Audiobahn makes above average stuff at below average prices and it makes people skeptical, but that doesn't mean it sucks...

Originally posted by WannaXP8
so you saying you would go with a 800 watt audiobahn over a 1200 watt lanzar?? Can you explain?

I dont know this year, maybe lanzar got their heads out of their....um, yeah....
But it used to be when you buy a lanzar amp, say 1200 watts you were getting the peak rating, and expect to see at most half that...wattage is not all that matters, ask people why they buy uber-expensive mcintosh amps over say profile amps....track record....
I think it comes down to "you get what you pay for", in the case of the 'bahn amp, I think that thats a decent deal for that amp... while some of 'bahns amps may be overrated, for the coin, its hard to beat the quality, style, features and most important performance. Of course theres always better out there, speaking of course in a matter of opinion... I suggested the 'bahn for a few reasons, 1 being its not all that expensive, 2 is that it will power that sub very well, 3 it has many features the other amps dont, such as remote bass control, remote voltage display, and I believe it has a subsonic filter. And finally a mono amp would probably work best for your subwoofer application.

Any other q's shoot me a pm/e-mail, seems I like to talk a lot and dont want to waste tooo much space on the server...

Originally posted by nweibley
I dont know if ikesound will deliever a quality product, but I know plenty of people that use audiobahn amps and love them.

Meaning? Is Ikesound.com a bad place to deal with? Have users here had problems with this company?

Oh, and I wouldn't get a Lanzar, Legacy, or Profile amp... But ya get what ya pay for...

Back