X Spec suspension question???? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

X Spec suspension question????

aldive

Elite In Memoriam
Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 XLT
I have been running the lowered X Spec suspension package from Explorer Express for well over a year now.

It “seems” to me that the rear suspension has gotten very “rough” and harsh riding and bottoms out.

Any suggestions? John V?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

the shocks are warn out, eh?

Al,
How many miles do you have on those shocks, and what kind are they?

About 15k and they are the special Edelbrock ISAs for lowered Explorers from Explorer Express.

Well, the only thing it could be are the leafs or the shocks. I highly doubt its the leafs. That would only mean the shocks. Take one out and see how hard it is to compress it.

Looks like those Edelbrocks aren't all there cracked up to be.

Al,
Don't the Edelbrocks have a warrenty on them?
If they do, then get some new ones. Maybe you just got a bad one or something like that.

Hey Al, it very well could be the shocks. They do go bad from time to time. I can warranty those for you no problem. Give me a call and we can work out the details. The Edelbrocks are still great for the Explorers, they have a lifetime warranty. As long as you own the vehicle, you can keep good Edelbrocks on your truck. Still no others compare on a lowered Explorer. It also helps when you buy the shocks from Explorer Express. No hassle, no problem.

John V @ EE

Thanks John, I shall give you a call tomorrow.

Back