• Register Today It's free!

XM Radio FM modulator question...

lrmashburn

Reaction score
City, State
Little Rock, Arkansas
Year, Model & Trim Level
'95 Eddie Bauer
I have figured out how I want to wire the Delphi FM modulator into my system ('95 Eddie Bauer - has cassette player with CD changer in center console) but I can't find any information on where you tap into the antenna feed. I have seen postings that talk about needing an adapter for the antenna connection but I don't know where the antenna feed is located. It is not plugged into the head unit in the dash. Can someone enlighten me on where this is found?

Welcome!

The antenna does indeed plug into the dash radio. It's a thick black wire with a 90deg plug usually. It plugs into the lower passenger side of the radio on most Ford units. Most FM mod kits that plug in do so between the HU and this plug.

I took the head unit and surrounding trim off again today. There is not an antenna cable connected to the head unit. Aside from the two plugs mentioned in my first post, there are no other receptacles on the head unit. I popped out the glove box and found where the antenna cable passes through the firewall. It is routed over to the far passenger side and down under the plastic molding/carpet and heads toward the back of the vehicle (I only traced it to the edge of the front passenger seat though). I have seen mentioned in other posts that the amplifier AND tuner are mounted in the rear quarter panel just behind the rear seat. Is this box where the antenna cable is connected? Is this where I need to wire in/connect the Delphi XM radio FM modulator? If so, does anyone have a suggestion on how to connect power and ground of the FM modulator at the rear of the vehicle? Would I be able to splice the antenna wire just after it comes into the cabin from the firewall and connect the Fm modulator there?

Back