Lift for 3rd gen - Coilsprings.com | Page 14 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Lift for 3rd gen - Coilsprings.com

Do we have a "Lifted 3rd Gen" thread? It would be nice to see all of them in that thread...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

A pic of new v old tyre size

Attachments

• reduced292.jpg
    reduced292.jpg
    141.2 KB · Views: 2,678

hey guys last question i promise before i order. Ok... so i have an 03 mountaineer and im getting 3" in the front and 2" in the back (why cant we go bigger btw?) anyways whats ALL the info i need before i call and where do i find it.

next post will have pics i promise!

hey guys last question i promise before i order. Ok... so i have an 03 mountaineer and im getting 3" in the front and 2" in the back (why cant we go bigger btw?) anyways whats ALL the info i need before i call and where do i find it.

next post will have pics i promise!

the reason u cant go bigger is because the spring is mounted inside a strut... it can only handle so much resistance from the spring... if the spring was loose and not inside a strut, u could probably get more height... unfortunately, this is the 3rd gen's big issue with lifting... 2 and 3 inches looks great though... u wont be displeased:thumbsup:

How long did it take for hime to get you youre quote, cause I called Monday, and he still hasn't called back with the price.

Tryin to get 2.75" in front / 2.25" in back:D

How long did it take for hime to get you youre quote, cause I called Monday, and he still hasn't called back with the price.

I need a change... I'll see if they can do 2.75 front and rear. Miller 1010, did you get a response?

Took no time at all to get the quote from Kevin,
I did it over email.
But when I called Virginia had record of it.
I think a day, over email and he responded back to me with the quote.

Ben
:salute:

Got my quote today...

Fronts - $225.40 pr
Rears - $205.80 pr

Got my quote today...

Fronts - $225.40 pr
Rears - $205.80 pr

Yeah, mine were
Fronts -$ 245.60 pair
Rear -$ 205.80 pair

3" front
2" rear

Finally got them in the mail today.

Install is next Wednesday the 28th. The wait is killing me!

Ben

I'm picking up the wheels this Saturday.
Hopefully getting them mounted and balanced Saturday as well, then after I install the springs, I'll slap on the new Rubber, so hopefully pictures will be posted Wednesday night.

im planning on ordering like 2.5" coil springs for my ex. however im already running a 265 on an 18x9 without rubbing. i think the lift will make it look alot meaner tho. :)

im planning on ordering like 2.5" coil springs for my ex. however im already running a 265 on an 18x9 without rubbing. i think the lift will make it look alot meaner tho. :)

Fire up some pics when you get it done. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Ben

Finally got my lift in today, Love it!!!!
I told them stock ride stiffness, but they are defenatley stiffer, That's not a complaint, I think they're great.
I'd defenatley recommend coilspring specialties again.
Picture040.jpg

Cheers

Ben.

That is one great looking 3rd gen! Very nice.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

First of all I want to thank RoadBully for making my X look like a piece of ****.:mad: Second, I don't think we have a lifted Gen 3 thread so I am putting my pics here. I decided to go with the Quick Lift kit on the front and replace the rear shocks with standard Ranchos. The ride is improved and I really like the leveled look even more than I thought I would. Now the fun begins as I decide what to do next. Any Ideas?
P1010892.jpg

P1010893.jpg

P1010894.jpg

Since I was a bonehead and didn't take before and after pics here is one from back when I first got the new tires.
P1010654.jpg

Back