1960 Dodge Dart Seneca Project | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

1960 Dodge Dart Seneca Project

dart_seneca.jpg
1960-dodge.jpg
Here is a pic of the dash from the same model:
IMG_1124.jpg

The brown car in the attached photo is the actual car I bought. The green car is what they looked like new.

It's a beast that's for sure! I really like the front bumper and the dash on this model. If I decide to keep her my plan is to drop in a ridiculously powerful BB Mopar and have a hell of sleeper on the street:D When I say ridicoulously powerful I'm thinking along the lines of 750 - 1000hp on pump gas:burnout: A turbo motor isn't out of the question.

I'm hoping that buying the car will be more motiviation for me to build a detached garage to store our current rides. I will need the whole attached garage for the restoration on the "new" Dart.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Damn..wish old cars in the Northeast would stay as intact as that one..all the stuff up here is rusted to hell from the winters and salt :(

If you ever see something in the Phoenix area that you would want me to check out let me know. Or if you have something specific in mind I can keep an eye out.

I'm always looking for that next project :) If you happen to see any older (pre 1970) convertibles out your way that are project cars let me know.

If you ever see something in the Phoenix area that you would want me to check out let me know. Or if you have something specific in mind I can keep an eye out.

I tell ya Rick, I have always wanted to buy and restore a 1972 AMC Gremlin X, 304 V8, 727 torqueflite auto. This was my very first car as a kid. I have always vision buying back my first car and keeping it. If you ever see one between 1970-73 AMC Gremlin X, you let me know.

I'll keep my eyes open, but I don't see many Gremlin's anymore :(

I agree Jeff. It's hard to find a reasonably priced project.

Awesome Rick. I 2 vote for the Cummins. It would be sick and a blast to drive and listen to.

Funny how fast things can change...

Turns out that Char REALLY likes this car. I will be building it for her to drive which means no 1000HP motor. We will be running the original Polyspherical head 318. I'll be looking for a dual quad manifold just to give the engine compartment a little bit of a zing.

We discussed a plan of action which will go something like this:

All new rubber suspension bushings, replace steering linkages and ball joints as needed, rebuild brake system using a dual circuit master cylinder for safety, restore the interior, add seat belts.

That's pretty much phase one. Phase two would be the exterior.

Looking for a manifold setup like this:

ml-poly318-house-guest.jpg

That manifold might be a bear to find....

So Rick, the blue interior looks original, but so does the brown exterior, do you think it came that way??

The car used to be the interior color. It had a quickie repaint at some time in the past.

Hi Rick,

Great car,saw it first on the Forward Look network.

Mark(Vedette on the FL site)

Subscribed. :popcorn:

Bump.gif
for boat updates...

The rear axle is shot. It uses press on brake drums which press over a tapered spindle with a keyway to keep the drum from rotating on the axle. The drum is held on by a big castle nut. The threads on both axles are terribly stripped. The rear brakes are a very unique design created by Lockheed Martin Aviation. A real PITA to work with.

I found a newer 8 3/4" axle for $300 which is the right width, has better brakes, and "normal" axle shafts. Just have to head into Phoenix to pick it up.

We will be running the original Polyspherical head 318.
Is that the same head as the fire dome engines that Chrysler sold to Desoto(sp)?

Back