2002 explorer - 4x4 control module replacement | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2002 explorer - 4x4 control module replacement

I have an 02 mountaineer and my 4x4 controle module is bad. can not find where it is at. Looked behind glove box at blower motor and it is not there. I am geetting really frustrated. Is the mountaineer different then explorer.

Check behind the passenger side front kickpanel.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Explorer 2005 4x4 CM ...

Guys,

I'm having the same issue with my Explorer Limited 2005... Battery dead, recharged, radio fuse burned and 4x4 not functional... I checked the 4x4 motor fuse and it's ok. 4x4 low switch light permanently on ... I guess it's the control model but, to make it worst, I'm in Brazil, so I can't buy the wrong part...
Could you please help me to find the right part number? rockauto.com has many diferent 4x4 CM modules for this model, and I don't have any ideia of which one is the correct ...

A friend will be in US next week and can bring it to me ...

Thanks in advance !

What I did was to go to fordparts.com and enter in the VIN. It listed the Motorcraft part number and I ended up ordering it from Rockauto.

The module is mounted behind the glove compartment and it's pretty easy to remove. Maybe you can check the part number on it.

Can I just disconnect the harness from the 4x4 module to disconnect 4wd?

I really have no reason for it, and think it may be causing some other issues. Will disconnecting this Control Module essentially turn my truck into full time 2wd?

It's a 2002 v6 4x4 XLT

Thanks!

I have a 2002 Explorer, how do I know for sure that the 4x4 control module is my problem without buying a new one first?

Back