Crozet, VA 10th anniversary run chat thread | Page 24 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Crozet, VA 10th anniversary run chat thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
TheRookie said:
Unfortunately if Skunk cant go I will have to ride along, though I could probably borrow the tracker I would have NO way of getting to all the way down there and back. Unless ofcourse someone wants to tow it ;) We have a trailer. heh, wishfull thinking.

It just occured to me that that work loaner F150 I've been trying to borrow has a tow hitch on it... :D It's only a 4.6, but I bet it'd haul the trailer and the tracker just fine, heh heh. This is giving me ideas... let me know as soon as you do if Chris doesn't wanna go and maybe I can reserve it, we'll just split the gas or something ;)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sounds like a plan

This'll be my first run with my new Explorer! Cant wait to see all you explorer fanatics and the trails we'll be hittin'. Please let me know what I can expect or what is required to go on the trails. 4x4 is already there so scratch that one :D . Much oblidge yall. Semper :usa: :thumbsup:

explorerboy86 said:
This'll be my first run with my new Explorer! Cant wait to see all you explorer fanatics and the trails we'll be hittin'. Please let me know what I can expect or what is required to go on the trails. 4x4 is already there so scratch that one :D . Much oblidge yall. Semper :usa: :thumbsup:
The bginning of this thread tells you what you will need. Basically tow points front and rear, CB, snatch strap w/o hooks, and some other stuff.

josh well it sounds good since i cant wheel mine i will be your camera man any day

jasonb said:
I walked outside today to the sound of an angle grinder and find Patrick starting a dang SAS on his Durango in my driveway!! He's getting ready for this trip big time!

Now that the front end is gone I am having a lot of trouble finding the right Dana 94 that can handle my 33s. I am gonna go to the Pontiac dealership tomorrow and tow home a new GTO with my tow hooks to make sure they work, hope the classy car salesman dont mind.

We are for sure foing to prerun the Stoney Run Trail tomorrow. If anybody is interested we are going to leave out of the Circut City Parking lot (I-64 @ Gaskins Road North exit) at 7:30. Should be about 90-minutes to trail head. I dont know what to expect, but I am hoping that this will be a good alturnative to Crozet, for the less adventurous.

OK tenikiwon, I'm in on the camping (Me +1) My girlfriend just wants me to make sure there is a bath house near. I'd like to park in the site, but not necessary. I've got my own tent and stuff too if there's room. Let me know what the price will be for the 2 of us friday and saturday night.

How many people are bringing extra first gen auto hubs? I could rob some off my other truck but my dad's been driving it. I figure if I break an auto its manual time...

Well it dont look good for me fellas my rig is no longer in service my trans is gone.. if someone can take my name off of the list i would be greatly appreciated

So bring the elcamino from your sig.

Guys, let me let you all in on something. This weekend is a bronco run at paragon. You cant imagine the turnout that group has. We have been seeing EB's in the area since monday. LOTS of them. Skunk and I saw Ted Neugents FSB on a trailer in the area the other day. You cant imagine how many trucks they get. I know I am not one to speak as I nolonger even have an X to wheel. However I am still trying to get there to show some support. Come on, there has got to be more X's than broncos yet they have over a hundred coming to a run.

Waisted Time

How many people are coming to this event? Last I counted it was about 20 or so. The closer and closer it gets, it seems more like 10. I understand things happen, but all of us, including myself threw such a fit to get a 10th anniversary run on the east coast. I know gas prices are high, :thumbdwn: and I also understand that we all can't get our **** together enough to plan this out in two weeks, but we have had just as long as the rest of us to get this done. Like nine months. Baby's are born in nine months. I still have yet to see an event's planner or even a time to meet for a group picture! This is kinda shameful. I am still going, With or without a large turnout. Even if I have to drive the measly 3 and a half hours by myself and four wheel alone, I will be there. I would expect nothing less than the same from A group that has one of the best built and The best selling trucks in America. So get off your *****, go to uhaul, get the trailer and tow your mud queens down here, or get out of bed because it's Saturday morning and use the next to weeks that we have finishing your rig and lets wheel! :burnout:

Amen brother! You said what i've been thinking!.

I'm in no matter what. I've got a 10 week old daughter, but i told my wife i've had this planned for a looong time and i'm not backing down!

It's getting close, we need to finish up our projects soon so you can test them if possible. I've gotta finish my rear bumper and add a few pieces to my cage. I did take my explorer to an upholstry shop yesterday and i think i'm going to take it up there there wednesday and leave it, i can't wait!

I understand the kid thing. I have a two year old and a five month old son. I have spent exactly two days over two years time away from my oldest boy and have never ever been away from my wife since the eve of my wedding. This is my first time away from them ever and I'm as wound up about this now as I was in September. Even If they aren't going :(

I'll be there, I know how to get to Crozet, VA but I don't know how to get to where the run is..is anyone meeting up at a central location off the trail? Also I wont be able to show up untill mid day on Sat.

My X is ready to go...I'd like to get a locker put in the front though. I was thinking about getting an Aussie locker..those are pretty easy to put in in a day right?

Foggman said:
My X is ready to go...I'd like to get a locker put in the front though. I was thinking about getting an Aussie locker..those are pretty easy to put in in a day right?

Yea it can be done. Painful part is getting to the pumpkin. You can get the spring you will need for the C clip eliminator mod from NAPA, Hell I may even have a piece left over that will work. The directions to me were a little vague but I don't know a lot about differencials. Man I hope mine works OK. Got it shipped to my house 2nd day UPS for 260 I think. Your welcome to the spring if I can find it.

Foggman said:
I'll be there, I know how to get to Crozet, VA but I don't know how to get to where the run is..is anyone meeting up at a central location off the trail? Also I wont be able to show up untill mid day on Sat.

Directions:

From 66
29S at Gainesville towards Charlottesville

In Charlottesville, take 250W Bypass

Take immediate exit (Barracks Road)

Right at stoplight

Continue straight through next stoplight

Follow Barracks Road/Garth Road for approximately 10-15 minutes

Left onto Route 810/White Hall Road (landmark is a convenience store on right) Follow Route 810 for approximately 5 minutes

At the bottom of a sweeping right-hand downhill, take right onto Route 811/Bearwood Road (landmark is an orchard on right)

If you cross a bridge and see a sign for "The Rockery", you've missed the turn.

Follow Route 811/Bearwood Road past end of state maintenance sign, over the cattle guard and to the top of the hill

From 81N or S and 64 west of Crozet

64E towards Charlottesville

Take Crozet Exit (#107)

Left onto Route 250 towards Crozet

Drive past schools

Left at stoplight onto Route 240 towards Crozet

Follow this road approximately 4 miles into Crozet (it will turn into Route 810)

Continue on Route 810, straight through the stop sign (landmark is Amoco station on the left)

Left onto Route 811/Bearwood Road approximately 2 miles past the Amoco station (at the bottom of a hill just after a sign for "The Rockery" and just before the Henley's Orchard sign)

Follow Route 811/Bearwood Road past end of state maintenance sign, over the cattle guard and to the top of the hill

64 east ofCharlottesville

64W Past Charlottesville

Take Crozet Exit (#107)

Right onto Route 250 towards Crozet

Drive past schools

Left at stoplight onto Route 240 towards Crozet

Follow this road approximately 4 miles into Crozet (it will turn into Route 810)

Continue on Route 810, straight through the stop sign (landmark is Amoco station on the left)

Left onto Route 811/Bearwood Road approximately 2 miles past the Amoco station (at the bottom of a hill just after a sign for "The Rockery" and just before the Henley's Orchard sign)

Well, I was thinking about dropping out since I've gotta pack up an entire house and get it sold ASAP, but after reading the last few posts I realize doing so would make me a major puss.. *Sigh* What's one more skimpy paycheck for taking a weekend off, eh? ;)

Spas said:
Well, I was thinking about dropping out since I've gotta pack up an entire house and get it sold ASAP, but after reading the last few posts I realize doing so would make me a major puss.. *Sigh* What's one more skimpy paycheck for taking a weekend off, eh? ;)

Just work overtime during the week.. I'm sure if you tell your boss you want to work past 6 pm, he'd be happy to help you make it work. Just imagine how many vehicles you could change oil in after 6 pm :D

I just got back from a prerun of Stoney Run Trail. It is a 10-mile forest trail. A good driver and a stock X should be able to make the entire trail without damage. It is a little short, took us about 2.5-hours. If we get some rain then it will be even more challenging.

The trail head is about 30-minutes from Crozet. The Peavine Trail is a little farther, but we have not checked it out. The exit of Stoney Run is only about 10-miles from Crabtree Falls. Which is a cool place, just not challenging trails.

The misty mountain campground is off of the same exit as the Crozet Park.

I propose that we make our official muster (drivers meeting) Saturday morning at 10:00 at misty mountian campground. I believe we will have two groups one going to Crozet, and one group looking for less challenging trails.

Lets plan and discuss our run, I am open to any other times and locations.

I was hoping to be meeting at Crozet around 9.

Blee,
Are you the organizer for this trip. If so, what are the plans? If your not then who is? I think its about time we start planning the days dont you?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Josh said:
I was hoping to be meeting at Crozet around 9.

Blee,
Are you the organizer for this trip. If so, what are the plans? If your not then who is? I think its about time we start planning the days dont you?

Yeah I'm thinking a pre-meeting for those who want to run Stoney Run at Misty Mountain Campground at 8:30 or 9:00 AM for those who want to run Crozet. Raffle will be Saturday night at Misty Mountain Campground. I'm thinking that we could running trails by 10:00 AM and be finished by about 4 or 5 pm depending on what Chris & the other guides of Crozet think. Lets use Channel 1 on the CB. If anyone wants to have a dinner at a restaurant in the Crozet area, let me know, we can maybe try to get a restaurant to help us seat all the personnel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back