Crozet, VA 10th anniversary run chat thread | Page 22 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Crozet, VA 10th anniversary run chat thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dopler174 said:
Is everybody ready? You only have three more Fridays left! :eek: Then it's wheelin' time! :thumbsup: I have to put on my tow hooks and get my CB antenna wired up. ;)
Got my CB wired up last night and I'm getting a mount for the antenna this weekend at Big Dogs... Hopefully I won't break too much this weekend and I'll still be able to make it to Crozet with yall :confused: I <3 my trail rig :p

Foggman said:
I am thinkin about going, I am on leave for the entire month of June, about how long does it take to get there from Va Beach?
Hop out of your stroller and go to Mapquest and find out... :rolleyes:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm not going to be able to make this one for multiple reasons. Hope you guys have a good time.

unclemeat said:
I think a couple of us are going to try to prerun the Stoney Run trail next Saturday. My buddy says he talked to the ranger station and it is open. We may also check on some other local trails, time permiting. If anybody has any other suggestions for trails around Crozet, feel free to chime in.

Good idea... I was up there this weekend and it was open.

I think its about 3 hours from VA Beach. I plan to head up Friday sometime to set up camp and relax a little.

i still need pretty much everything on the list except for the CB, lol, oh well ill have it all done, so anyway whos bringing a trailer

I probably wont make it out till mid day on Sat.
I am also thiking about renting a car trailer for the weekend and haul the X with the truck just in case I break something on the trail.

.....How do I get there from Va Beach??? I know there's an exit off of 64...but thats all I know...

Numidian said:
I'll have a trailer, but it's for my trail rig :p

Thats what you think.. :D

Does anyone need a 32x11.50 spare? I have one I can bring with me. It's a Hoosier AT, has never been on the road or the truck for that matter.

ATTENTION GUYS SOUTH OF SC: What day are y'all planning on leavin and what time of day? If we are all wanting to caravan, we need to exchange cell #'s and where we plan on meeting.

I found this thread today if anyone is interested. Its a rollover flop thread for Crozet. There are a couple of interesting pics there. :eek:

Crozet rollover thread

Alright some people have inquired about what will be up for raffle at this run.. Let me give you a run down.. some Explorer4x4.com pocket knives, some pocket tire deflators, a multi-meter, a flashlight, a tow strap, $20 gift certificate from Hynotic Illusions Automotive. If anyone else wants to donate anything for raffle, please contact Rick or myself.

Josh said:
I found this thread today if anyone is interested. Its a rollover flop thread for Crozet. There are a couple of interesting pics there. :eek:

Crozet rollover thread

Ahh they do have some serious black rated trails.. Those are the ones that people often flop on. Stuff like a boulders as tall as our rigs.

OK...with my new job I haven't been thinking about this trip much at all. I remember seeing something about getting a large camp site for cheap. If that is still on I'm in. Me + 1.

Josh, is it a 32 x 11.50 x 15 or 16? I need a 15. My nearest spare right now is a 30 x 9.50. If its a 15 I might could get it this weekend (I'll be back in Clemson). Let me know.

I'm really considering ordering a 3" body lift this week and thrashing to get it on before the trip. My tires rub when flexed much at all and I want to be able to do some harder trails....I guess we'll see.

It's a 15"

Josh said:

Crozet rollover thread

Haha, that's what I'm talkin' about!! Those are great! :D

As far as a caravan. It looks like I'm going to be leaving from the Columbia, SC area. I've got Friday off work, so I can leave any time of Friday. I'll be heading up I-77 to Charlotte, which looks like it might be a good place for everyone to meet. Josh, I think you'll be coming near Charlotte on I-85 right?

Okay, I'm booking the camping this is primative tent camping in the group/rowdy camping at Misty Mountain so

$2/truck after the 1st one (only if parking in site)
$4/person after first 2
$23.10/night

So far we have confirmed
tenikiwon + 1
Xzibit + 1
Yeeeyaw86
Josh
LBarr2002

Please let me know if you are changing plans and want to add/remove from our group.

If anyone needs any camping equipment or wants to go in on food let me know.

The 23.10 is for the site per nite.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

so its gonna be like 10 bucks a person a night rightk, cool, what do we need to bring , i remember you said you have alomst everything, what should we bring so i can start getting ready, oh and also can we bring pets, we just got a new puppy and would rather not leave her at home

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back