HappyGilmore's newly lifted X | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

HappyGilmore's newly lifted X

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Damn, you got some droop boy.

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

hey when are you guys going-hodge rd is like 30 mins from my house...i'm down as long as i'm not working....sorry to invite myself but sounds like it'll be fun

hey man anyone is welcome. i am goign saturday for the day. that would be pretty cool to cruise around with some other Xs. i havent seen any other ones in the desert.

this saturday, the 17th right...i for sure have to work....retail man..whatta ya gonna do? anyways tho, lets all plan something after christmas/new years before everyone goes back to school, i know theres a couple of guys here in so cal that would want to go.

oh bummer. the trip before school starts sounds good to me. im going to ocotillio wells over new years with a bunch of people, your welcome to come. but im also up for a trip before i go back to school. i guess one of us should post a thread inviting all the prerunner explorers in so cal to Ocotillio or wherever....where should we go?

i'll leave it up to you man...we could go to pismo beach, that would make it a mid-cal and so-cal run, i'm always down for pismo....ask dave too, i'm sure he'll chime in soon...but ya go ahead and start a thread, post the link in here....

Sweet. The front and back look like 2 different trucks.

looks way better, really clean looking. i know you got those shackles and deavers together but do you know how much those things go for i might want to get a set because it looks like your rear end sits lower than mine and those shackles look shorter too. BTW you have the 9 leaf deaver pack right?

Very nice. Looks real good.

489039_52_full.jpg

thanks for the kind words! and for the pic!

dave- i have a 10 leaf pack. race pack. the shackle was pretty steep. around 300 i think (i paid 350 for both the shackle and pack) the shackle is so freaking beefy its insane. fully TIG welded. the camburg TIG welded one is 250 bucks and mine is more beefy. it is longer than a warrior though. tomorrow i will measure the shackle and measure the fender height for you. i will also take pics of it from multiple angles so you can show a shop what to make if you were gonna go that route. PM me your email.

I thought the back of a stock X was slighltly heavier than the front. I dunno maybe it is only 2nd gen like mine. But I forget where the specs sheet is on this websight so I could look it up. But I remember the weight is pretty close front to back.

went out to Oco and cracked my IAC valve on the hoop crossmember. now it idles at like 3 grand haha. time for some AutoFab mounts. i also bent up my light bar bc i hit a ditch with it haha. figured out my engine cage flexes side to side so im gonna have a chromoly bumper built that ties into the hoops for more support. at the same tiem im gonna have rear shock hoops built outa chromoly and put some 16 inch sway a ways in. thats not for another couple months though. so thats the latest.....

HappyGilmore said:
went out to Oco and cracked my IAC valve on the hoop crossmember. now it idles at like 3 grand haha.
Like a trophy truck now. :D My old one did that. I t was cool the first 2 times I started it then it got really annoying. Any pics from the trip?

man that sucks, and Colin, where are those pics of this infamous ranger we always hear about??? :D and yeah if you did get some pics of the last trip post em up trent

BigDave!!! said:
man that sucks, and Colin, where are those pics of this infamous ranger we always hear about??? :D
They were all on my old PC that crashed and burned like Maverick. I'm still looking through all of my other pics though. I can't tell you how many pictures I have before I got a digital. It will take me months to look through them all.

Here is one:

1600rangerstuck.jpg

Man I wouldda let go for sure, nothing more tempting then dumping your friends head in the mud.

Back