HappyGilmore's newly lifted X | Page 9 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

HappyGilmore's newly lifted X

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

trent, what u might also do is talk to the guys at camburg or giant and see if thier bolt in hoops will work with your application/beams. i may have to move ur lower mounts around a bit but thats a for sure legit hoop setup. i would definately give them a call.

just got back from Oco today.....rode dirtbikes instead of the truck.

dave- my truck is down and out for at least this weekend and the next.

colin- i have physical rehire tests at the beach that weekend. no can do.

jeff- the camburg one looks exactly like the one that i have that broke. if im gonna spend money again i want bigger and better (so to speak.) the giant one looks pretty solid and i liek how the crossmember goes to the back of the engine compartment, but that sucker is 900 bucks. my newline guy will build it better than those i think for cheaper

damn, oh well i wont be getting my new straps for like 2 weeks because they have to custom make them soo ill let you know when i can go again

as of now im plannin on goin to ocotillo next weekend (unless i get a few more people to go to san felipe for the 250) , the 11th and 12th, its probably too early for you trent, and jeff too, but if you guys wanna come out and ride let me know

im hoping to be done about the first of april. i was able to pick up my leafs, 13 leaf LT pack, and my fiberwerx fenders so those will be goin on this week i hope. i think the uppers will be getting jigged this weekend, take a couple weeks to build those, then another weekend to install.

here is what my new cage will look like (but with no bypass mount)
all TIG welded and chromoly plating and tubing.
exxplorer_003.jpg

exxplorer_004.jpg

exxplorer_006.jpg

in this pic notice all the plated mounts and the extra tubes goign from the hoops to the frame. should be a decent looking setup :thumbsup: :D :)

that looks beefy.... is it plate with holes and tubing or solid.. looks like plate... i need to start learnin myself on this stuff so i can be like you but 4 wheel drive.

oops i should have read it better. its plate... can you give info on the whys and hows when you built this?

damn that looks good, you build those if you go coilover because bottoming out and the suspension moving too much will rip out the shock mounts and sometimes even the engine cage out (if its not properly built) like happygilmores previous engine cage and mounts, i think the pics are in this thread so look on the previous pages

Trent, just make sure that you let your eyes see past all the bling factor thats going on there. when its done, go around and check that the welds are all good and even, and that there are no gaps ect.

Looks like overkill to me!
I like it!

410Fortune said:
Looks like overkill to me!
I like it!
haha exactly what i was going for.

taknitezx2 said:
Trent, just make sure that you let your eyes see past all the bling factor thats going on there. when its done, go around and check that the welds are all good and even, and that there are no gaps ect.
yeah believe me im gonna make sure i get my moneys worth this time. he is actually a very good welder, just the last design was a little sketchy....

well after a month of my truck sitting in the driveway and a month and a couple days of it being in "the shop," i might be actually getting it back. supposedly it will be done sunday night. i cant wait to get it back and not break it again.

and i can wait to see what this motorcage is going to look like, did you get bumps too?

sike, next weekend ill have it. haha

he promised me it will be top effing quality though and worth the wait. he said if he doesnt finsih it next weekend i can yank it outta there (i told him i was goign to after he changed the completion date to next weekend)

Back