Main Divide Rd. SoCal Saturday April 19 2014 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Main Divide Rd. SoCal Saturday April 19 2014

Tbars4

Moderator Emeritus
Elite In Memoriam
Reaction score
City, State
anaheim hills,california
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 ranger 4x4/ 91 X 4x4
...Now that the horrific winter that brought the frost a couple times this year on our surfboards is over, its time to go wheeling locally..:D

This is an easy run that will take about 4 hrs and it can easily be done in a stock fourth gen 2wd with street tires and the kiddies in the back..We will start near Silverado Cyn and end at Ortega Hwy...

(Due to the recent La Habra earthquake this area does have active seismic testing going on which sometimes closes the trail)

Your vehicle will get dusty and a basic cb radio would sure make it easier to communicate...you can never rule out any possible body damage on trail but cars do this road.

I know there's a picture of Stic-o's wifes X on the trail somewhere..

This would be a cool time for a meet and greet and plan on a packed lunch and chat session..:D

The plan

we could do breakfast first and below may change do to who and how far they have to travel..

Meet up at 8 and depart at 8:30 a.m. from Peltzer Pines..

http://maps.google.com/maps?oe=utf-...ult&ct=directions-to&resnum=2&ved=0CBkQngIwAQ

map of Main Divide rd.
http://maps.google.com/maps?q=main+...code_result&ct=title&resnum=1&ved=0CBoQ8gEwAA

The In Crowd

Keeper0311
jonesy expo
L.A.X.
Ritsui
Khiori
Tbars4

..This is usually a very scenic trip this time of year if it is clear and if not, it is a nice trail to be on..:D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Stock 4th gen 2wd. With street tires.

You know this is Easter weekend right?

..In honor of Easter weekend, we won't be huntin' wabbit..:D

But it would be easier to wheel on Saturday..:scratch:

I'm in for Saturday

..Cool..:biggthump

..I've edited the first post and corrected the date..

How rough is the road? I know the H3 can do it easy peasy but can my back?

..It's usually a pretty well graded fire road..

..At worst it's like the dirt road into Truckhaven where we camp and at best smoother then where the rv's park...

..I would say it is smoother than the road into Azusa but IIRC, the first few miles up the hill is the roughest with the wide switchbacks..

How rough is the road? I know the H3 can do it easy peasy but can my back?

Problem is it's kinda long....it's not hard at all. If we did it with a 2wd, any 4wd could make it.

So what are the plans? Where does everyone want to meet up at?

First post has been updated but it is also where to look for any info as the trip gets closer..

Hopefully Zukman and anyone else who lives a distance will chime in as it will better help set the time of departure..;)

We're out.

I still have yet to have time to play with my New Big Red Toy:mad: This is first day I will have time, and I still need to fix JP which still has a cracked shock mount.

..Now that your wife wheels, she could bring the kids and your mom out while you are playing with the toys at home...:dunno:

Btw we can depart at 9 a m if needed but if its gonna be hot, the earlier the better...;)

..That's a story I only share on that trail as it would scare the newbies off...

..Kind of like a ghost story you save for the campfire cause if the campers heard it before they went camping, they may not show up..:eek:..:D

..Since it will be a small crowd maybe we could do a country breakfast in the Canyon?..:dunno:

..I talked to the Ranger and they are still doing repirs up there from the rain and hope to be done for the weekend...Or, I know of a couple local things (even easier) to do in the area..;)

Haha it's gonna be one of those stories huh? Glad I haven had any of that bad luck since.

I'm down for breakfast were ever as long as I get the time to head out there.

..Kind of like a ghost story you save for the campfire cause if the campers heard it before they went camping, they may not show up..:eek:..:D

You know some say she still lives, in what looks like a abandon graveyard...Story has it she will rise again someday....but know knows for sure...
smiley-scared008.gif

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You know some say she still lives, in what looks like a abandon graveyard...Story has it she will rise again someday....but know knows for sure...
smiley-scared008.gif

...:D

images

Back