RATE (Run Across The East) | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

RATE (Run Across The East)

whats the mods you ahve done to your ex? are the ones in your signature all you got, or are there more "secrets" under that bad boy ;)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yeah, thats all Ive got now. However Ill be doing a 2" body, 32" or 33" MT's, new shocks, a winch and hopefully a locker. But Ive got a while to work on it so it should all be done.

lock it first.... it makes a WORLD of a difference ;)

Im assuming you like your Aussie Locker

love it...it more than doubled my capabilities.

are you gonna do anything else to your explorer before this run??

yea, ill be on 33s or 35s, have my sliders done, regeared, and possibly even a locked front end.

There is a remote possibility that I will get my Solid axle under the truck before the run but most likely not.

I agree with with Slravene... Lock the rear axle then gears and bigger tires.

Alright, thanks for the advice. I think Im gonna go with the Aussie locker as well - its in my price range

buy it before you buy anything else. You will not regret it.

nissanboy said:
Slravene and I were talking tonight abotu making it to the Attica run and came up with this great idea. We are going to try to pull together a 7 day even out of the Attica run.

Sounds like a great trip - count me in. I was planning on going to Crozet, and with this plan thougth I might as well do Attica too!

I'll plan to meet you at Uwharie and go from there...

Bump just to let some new eyes read it.

I would like to be part of the windrock portion of the ride. I live pretty close to there and can help with directions, lodging info and anything else. I will not be able to continue on anywhere else to wheel though.

Thats cool, feel free to stop in on any section of the run.

I am wanting to hit the more difficult trails at each stop. Traveling a long way to wheel means i dont want to piddle around on gravel roads when i get there. :D

Boo for the mud trails... I like heading for the rocks. and the water. There is one section where you have to cross a creek that came up on my hood when I was on 33's.

nissanboy said:
Boo for the mud trails... I like heading for the rocks. and the water. There is one section where you have to cross a creek that came up on my hood when I was on 33's.

All I hear is blah blah blah..............

J/K

I might be up for the windrock portion depending on work,$$$ status, and if my cage is finished by then,

Matt

Matt your alive?

I have pm'd him with no response, I was beginning to think he had left the board. I have been wanting to see what he is up to. So are you planning on going up rattle rock since you want to head for the rocks?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

not looking to kill my rig since i still have road teim after the run but i am looking ot hit some of the more difficult trails there.

Back