RCD RANGER 4" coilover kit for "4x4" !! | Page 21 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

RCD RANGER 4" coilover kit for "4x4" !!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

thats tight! how much is the price?

To the people planning to use this kit on their 2nd gen X...

Is it likely that this RCD kit is going to pose the same problem as other kits for the 1995 owners? Please correct me if I'm wrong, but don't the other kits only work for 96 or 97 and up X's? What makes the 1995 so different from the later 2nd gens, that a lift kit is such a pain?

There is no difference. Klowns has a superlift 4" on his 95 with no problems.

What makes the 1995 so different from the later 2nd gens, that a lift kit is such a pain?

What used to be the issue was the torsion bar brackets are welded on the 95-97 models. With the change to the Ranger susp. in 98, the Ex's changed also to a bolted on bracket.

But that isn't an issue anymore. And this kit would even be better because of the lack of torsion bars all together.

Geez, Sean that thread started out pretty rough. I haven't sean a thread that bad over here. Thank god.

Well, it has been 3 months since sirhk100 posted here with any kind of update, will this thing really ever exist? If I remember correctly, Sean's "guinea pig" broke some part of the kit a couple of weeks ago, leading back to more testing. And how can you set up a group buy with a non-refundable deposit when no one knows if the kit will be $2K or $4k?

Not to be rude, but the whole thing sounds kinda silly with no real release date set and no real ballpark of price........maybe it is just me.

Robb

Yes, Sean's kit got a little, okay maybe a lot bent up last week. We're adressing that issue and to be honest with you it won't set the release date back more then a day. All we're changing is taking out a hole in one of the diff. brackets that was purely for looks and adding a gusset to the large diff. crossmember. We have begun building the kit. Actually we've already cut out all the parts and are currently punching and forming stuff up. Everything will go to welding probably within a month or so (we're kinda backed up in the welding department). I've got one kit together that will be used for a packaging sample so packaging will be addressed in the next month also. ALL parts have been ordered including the shocks (which will be the only thing keeping us from hitting the March release date). I guarentee you that if we aren't shipping this kit by the end of March it's because all the stuff is sitting there and we're waiting on Bilstein to get the shocks off the ship from Germany and to us...

Khris

I'll take pics of the old bracket and what I did to it, vs. the new bracket when it all comes out. Right now I am just waiting for Khris to get the new bracket made and sent up, so I can put the truck back together again. Hopefully it'll be sometime soon.

--Sean

Last I checked, Klowns was having a lot of trouble with his front end.... It may be too early to tell weather or not I will run into problems. Seeing as how this RCD kit eliminates the Torsion bar problem, hopefully I'll be in the clear with my '95 sport

Originally posted by jwild4x4
Last I checked, Klowns was having a lot of trouble with his front end.... It may be too early to tell weather or not I will run into problems. Seeing as how this RCD kit eliminates the Torsion bar problem, hopefully I'll be in the clear with my '95 sport

Do you know what problems in particular he is/was having? I would be interested in comparing notes.

--Sean

Originally posted by jwild4x4
What does this have to do with the RCD kit?

Robb

Originally posted by TarHeel085
his front end was sagging so he replaced the TB with "B" rated ones and it still sags.

Oh, okay. I was wondering if he had the pleasure of spitting out CVs or if he bent up any bracketry.

--Sean

It doesn't have anything to do with the RCD kit... I will now shut up.. No, really, I was just curious to see if there was going to be a difference for modifying the RCD kit to fit on a second gen X depending on whether it was a 1995, or a 96-97, or later due to the "problems" that 1995 owners have had with lift kits in the past. I didn't mean to take the forum off subject.

Hey desertspive... I think you should sell me the RCD lift off of your truck...

Under $1500 = (see below)

flexx1.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Looks amazing Lizardtrac...the price tag is deafintly better than RCD also...

Back