Show us your custom bumper photos!! | Page 13 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Show us your custom bumper photos!!

Here is the last one I built, its semi pre-runner style for my oldest son's ranger. The stinger came out a bit too wide but my bender died in the process of bending it.
103.jpg

117.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Why all the miter cuts if you have a bender? And is that 2"? Looks beefy for sure.

Here is the last one I built, its semi pre-runner style for my oldest son's ranger. The stinger came out a bit too wide but my bender died in the process of bending it.

Why all the miter cuts if you have a bender? And is that 2"? Looks beefy for sure.

Did you read this at all? his bender died... lol

Haha, I feel like an idiot. Just saw the pictures and must have skipped right over the text.

anyone on here interested in making a front bumper for a 97 xlt explorer?

I'll play! This is actually bumper 2.1
Its the revision of my second bumper
Build up thread here
6097042098_d4981cf62b_b.jpg

Side view
6097041722_85ce77b7d4_b.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

got a new one, on my brother's '86 FSB.
Photo288.jpg

Photo287.jpg

looking for plans on building a front bumper for my 1999 with the abilty to add a winch later not realy seeing a good looking and useful

photobucket-1035-1325958836226-1.jpg

this is a starting point for me

These Bumper pics have finally pushed me to the edge... It's my turn. I started work last night on a deer-proof bumper. Seeing as I hit a big buck last week, It is on! Next time I will accelerate to hit one.

hey i kno this aint the right form for this but i just need to kno and im not too sure how to make my own post yet but i was wondereing i got a 93 explorer 4wd 2door n all tht jazz can you do that torsion twist thing on my 1st gen 93 im gunna buy the warrior shackles for the back and probably a 3" body lift just until i can get the money for rough country 4" suspension but i heard if i did the torsion deal it would do the same as the shackles are jst for the front its already got 31x12.5 dakota m/t on it im gunna be trimmin the fenders and what not but this site got me this far now i finally made an account for the questions that arent answered yet thanks -jeff

hey i kno this aint the right form for this but i just need to kno and im not too sure how to make my own post yet but i was wondereing i got a 93 explorer 4wd 2door n all tht jazz can you do that torsion twist thing on my 1st gen 93 im gunna buy the warrior shackles for the back and probably a 3" body lift just until i can get the money for rough country 4" suspension but i heard if i did the torsion deal it would do the same as the shackles are jst for the front its already got 31x12.5 dakota m/t on it im gunna be trimmin the fenders and what not but this site got me this far now i finally made an account for the questions that arent answered yet thanks -jeff

Search the forum a bit, you do not have torsion bars, you have a coil suspension with radius arms so there for look up coil spacers....

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

]

here is my front bumper -not completly finished in that picture, now it has all the winch accesories, such as the aluminium hawse fairled, shackle mount and shackles.
Now I have to design and built the rear one.

Nice looking bumper do you have any more pictures with the aluminum off of it?

Back