They rung my bell this time... | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

They rung my bell this time...

...I got rear ended by a lifted Hummer...The guy said he fell asleep in traffic with his foot on the gas and woke up after he hit me...

..I didn't have my camera as I was running 1 cabinet out to Riverside at 2 in the afternoon...At 2:30 while stuck at a sigalert on the 91 @ Kraemer, the Hummer hit me but good...No warning and I didn't see it coming...:(

...The dash popped out, but everything else was secured...I just removed my floor jack and tall jack stands so I could haul this cabinet....I was wise enough to stow all the rig bags behind the front seat...

...I went to the doctor last night as the back of my head hit the seat so hard, it actually compressed the padding and hit the metal in the seat...This left a knot and an indentation of the seat frame below the knot...

...Initial look of the two vehicles showed the light tabs of his brush guard hit the top of my bumper and bent it...My receiver had the clevis holder in it, minus the clevis, and this pierced thru his front license plate...So, his brush guard was bent, my bumper was bent, and he had a hole in his license plate...

...My first thoughts was some buddy hit him but no one did...When I got out to look the first words out of my mouth when I saw the damage was," you hit me a lot harder than it looks...Are you ok??"...

..This morning I started the X to go pick up my prescriptions and it had a definite vibration...I went and picked up the prescriptions, Then headed over to a tranny shop where they charged me $80 bucks...They took it for a test drive and were able to feel the vibration...It was while you are in gear with the foot on the brake..If you gave it gas it was noticeable...:scratch:..Probably the tranny mount...

..They put it up on their rack and started looking it all over...We found out that his bumper hit my hitch hard enough to partially collapse the drivers side of the hitch mount...Their is a good 2" from the pass side hitch mount to the frame and on the drivers side, it buckled over to the frame...The rear axle seems to have shifted on the drivers side...They sent me over to a collision shop to get an estimate...The estimate was minus a lot as they will not put it on a rack until his insurance, or I, pay for it..

..Stats so far..

Me.. A little dazed..:confused:..bump and swelling on the back of the head and a stiff neck..

Project X...
Bent bumper
Bent hitch
Tach not working as dash popped out at impact
Rear end out of alignment
Pulls to the left bad...RA seem to of held...:biggthump
Vibration at tranny

The tranny shop will send me pics tonight I hope and I will post them...He contacted his Insurance this a.m. after calling me to see if we could settle with out them...They are now waiting for his formal statement and said it looks like it's a cut and dry case...Hopefully, all I want is to make sure the Project X and I are fixed back to normal...

...2 good things though...I was going to take my Ranger and it would have been totaled...And, her highness was asleep in her bed so she was not hurt a bit in this accident...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

SDC10627.jpg

SDC10628.jpg

SDC10630.jpg

SDC10629.jpg

I was rear ended while stopped on the freeway by a stolen Jeep Liberty (no justice here) After making a police report and contacting my insurance company they denied the claim, (which for me just means I have to pay the decutable ($500) because I have full coverage, but it's a zero fault policy so I shouldn't have to pay anything) saying it was due to only recieving a partial plate. Well it's a little hard to get a license plate when they are driving up the embankment of a freeway. My local body shop said that their estimate is around $2,700.
New tailgate
Rear bumper fascia
Stock rim and tire---Picture coming soon it's in my dad's barn
Passenger side mirror

Yay FUN

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

...Sorry to hear about your accident but, keeping on track with my accident...

...I have thought about contacting their Supervisor as well as the Insured party...I had mentioned to my insurance yesterday if they pulled this on somebody that I hit, I would be after their butt myself...

...I was informed if I try to contact the party that hit me it would be considered harassment...I will probably deal with their Supervisor next week if all else fails..:(

..As for my health, that is my utmost concern right now as some of the side effects of the head injury seem to be staying around as I was told they might...The insurance company is working on the theory of, if there was only $336 damage, How can it have all these medical bills..;)

Ted it is time to get some legal help. I have been down this road and its to hard on your own. They wont cost you a dime untill its all over. They make things go much better.

I hope the best for you

...Thanks...:salute:

...I am also looking into that but as mentioned above, there are some minor obstacles and finding the a Lawyer to take the case is a task in it's self...

..And you are correct as it being hard to do on your own....I have never felt so much like a number in my life...:(

...I feel like the guy in the bug in this live feed...
http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/livenow?id=6963450

Sorry Ted I wasn't trying to take anything away from you I was just trying to make a point that insurance companies are so shady and their partners are even worse, If you need some help my uncle is a lawyer who deals mostly with fruad cases I can ask him for some advice in your matter if you would like me to.
Hope things take a turn for the BETTER

...No problem...;)

...:scratch:...I would be interested in his views also and his insight to the matter...If he reads this thread I will be happy to answer anything he might ask...

I went to 3 before I found mine. Mostly your biggest problem is finding a lawyer that does not have a conflicting intrest like with I did.

Make sure they check the motor mounts too.

BTW, I can't stand Allstate. My last 2 accidents were getting nailed in the ass by an Allstate driver. Allstate acts like it's not their fault and they have to do an extensive investigation before settling. I hope you have better luck.

...Thanks for that info...

...I would have been happy if they would have actually taken an interest in the damage rather than what they did...I feel like none of their representatives had been in the business for very long or even had a clew about vehicles, but were taught protocol to avoid and deny from a class or handbook...

Damn, I didn't notice there were 4 more pages. What a nightmare. One thing I was told by my insurance company was that if Allstate jerked me around too much I could threaten them with a call to the Department of Insurance. I'm not sure what they would do for you, but my agent made it sound like the threat would get a little more cooperation.

The California Department of Insurance website is http://www.insurance.ca.gov/ There may be some useful information there.

dang that blows

so any updates?

...Fingers crossed...

...I had talked to an Attorney last week and he had another Attorney closer to me call me today...I have a meeting Wednesday a.m...:dunno:

...It sounds like the Attorney's see a flag when the Insurance companies deny the repairs which gets them anxious that they will try to deny the medical...They sound almost giddy that I have a physical bump and dent in my head and it's backed up with paperwork saying I have a concussion by the doctor and a hospital...

...I'm not getting my hopes up yet..:(

yeah your dinged up..lol

...A quick update:

...After spending an hour and a 1/2 at the Lawyers (Blah blah blah, blah blah :help: ), he said I will probably have to sue the owner for the vehicle repair in small claims, But he wants to take Allstate on again...

...This is contingent on how much the bills come up to and trust me, it's looking double digit..:dunno:

...A quick update:

...After spending an hour and a 1/2 at the Lawyers (Blah blah blah, blah blah :help: ), he said I will probably have to sue the owner for the vehicle repair in small claims, But he wants to take Allstate on again...

...This is contingent on how much the bills come up to and trust me, it's looking double digit..:dunno:

Find out if you have to pay the bill first, before you can sue for it.

Trust me, that can me a HUGE difference in the case..

...I haven't paid for anything yet and I think the Attorney is waiting to see what Allstate will accept and what they will try and deny...That's where he comes in and mainly what I need an Attorney for...

...I have not yet received any bills from any doctors but, I did receive one from the Emergency Hospital alone, and it's about 6K, and again, that is not the Doctor's, nurses or staff as they will bill separately..:eek:...I was informed that this is normal and I am considered un-insured until the Insurance Company accepts it...

...I did explain to the Attorney that I am not wanting to sue for wages, time off of work or any of the other stuff...I am just wanting to make sure that my injuries are taken care of and I would like my vehicle to be repaired only to what it was when I was sitting there minding my own business and somebody crashed into me...

...I do think that is owed to me...

Don't lowball go for it all,They tend to take a faster look at every thing,the instant they start seeing a lot of $$$$ signs.But listen to your attorney closely,and document everything.

^^^What he said. Ask for the world then they think they are getting off easy by giving you all you really wanted to begin with.

This whole scenario is a load of BS has got me worried even more about somebody hitting me. I don't expect a lot of damage but modified suspensions get insurance companies panties in a bunch.

Back