Truxxx lift kit? | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Truxxx lift kit?

Thanks buddy! UPS said i should be getting my lift on the 12th. should have it in the 13th or 14th. Ill post up pics. Prob buy my tires when i sell my 24's. Yup thats right I had 24" rims on my baby, got sick of dodging potholes and curbs. I miss running sh.it over. SO much easier than evasive maneuvers

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks buddy! UPS said i should be getting my lift on the 12th. should have it in the 13th or 14th. Ill post up pics. Prob buy my tires when i sell my 24's. Yup thats right I had 24" rims on my baby, got sick of dodging potholes and curbs. I miss running sh.it over. SO much easier than evasive maneuvers

when you installed the 24s, did you use any lowering kit? can you post pics of the car with 24s?

na they dont make a lowering kit for the 4th gen X's. Iver seen people cut the struts to get the lift and make custom camber kits like the one kid in dubai ive seen on cardomain. Other than that theres nothing just because of the rear IRS going through the frame. My ex is on cardomain at

Im selling them but its hard to find someone to purchase them. Alot of people dont want the skinnies on there. got 275/25 tires. But I need to sell them before i get my tires. Just to offset the cost you know? But only pick ups cuz itll cost an arm and a leg to ship. But there she is. Check her out. Let me know how you like her.

na they dont make a lowering kit for the 4th gen X's. Iver seen people cut the struts to get the lift and make custom camber kits like the one kid in dubai ive seen on cardomain. Other than that theres nothing just because of the rear IRS going through the frame. My ex is on cardomain at

Im selling them but its hard to find someone to purchase them. Alot of people dont want the skinnies on there. got 275/25 tires. But I need to sell them before i get my tires. Just to offset the cost you know? But only pick ups cuz itll cost an arm and a leg to ship. But there she is. Check her out. Let me know how you like her.

man it looks fabulous. But i like mine lifted since i live in an area surrounded by sand dunes. having those 24s installed, i'll not even go 2 meters in sand.

Thanks bro. But I hate having to dodge potholes and the feeling i get when i see a curb. That and i miss doing some off roading. So Up she goes. My kit gets in on the 12th so ill post pics up when i put it in. Prob with a lot of pics of the kit and how to install

god this forum is slow..... I feel like doing a bump on every effin thread

Kit is going in this weekend!!! Ill post pics and a full install on it. Prob going to do some offroading so it should be up by monday!

About to do my front springs, and while I'm at it I plan on doing a lift. I have an '02 XLT, and read with minor modifications I can make this fit. The only other alternative for a suspension lift is BTF, but he's not making them right now, and I don't want to put an extreme amount of stress on my ball joints. Does anybody have anything bad top say about this lift? Any other pics of 3rd gen's with this kit installed?

I have a crazy question. . . Could you double these truxxx lifts up? They fit together perfectly. Just have someone weld the chizz out of them to make sure they are one piece. What else would need to be changes with such a lift. Steering issues driveline issues? Or if this would even be possible or safe??

Also, Would a 1-2" body lift with the regular truxxx lift be ok? Would it mess with anything like steering or anything else?I just want to be able to fit 33's with very very little to no trimming. I will be taking this vehicle offroad so i dont want want any tire rubbing and just as much lift as possible. If anyone has any knowledge please help me out!! Thank you all in advance

Im runnin 33's and you do need to do trimming thats for sure.. But doubling the lift would be very hard on the cv shafts... their already at a pretty steep angle as it is with one lift...

does the angle on the cv's get worse with a body lift too? or just the suspension lift? How big of a lift do you have to fit 33's. Its just the roadbully and body right?

So I've had the spacers on for a year now. IMO the spacers have settled a little but other than that there seems to be no issue really...

Hi Dubai Explorer. I live in DXB as well, where did you buy the tires? I'm looking for a similar setup to yours, but maybe get my wheels painted black.

Thanks for the info, you didn't get spacers? Does anyone know of spacers that I could get to add to this?

Thanks!

ttboydxb...

Hi Dubai Explorer. I live in DXB as well, where did you buy the tires? I'm looking for a similar setup to yours, but maybe get my wheels painted black.

Thanks for the info, you didn't get spacers? Does anyone know of spacers that I could get to add to this?

Thanks!

ttboydxb...

you can find these tires at icon-auto.com in Dubai for 785-880 AED

for the lift you also can use Rancho QuickLift check

Rancho Quick Lift

Hey everybody I just put in the front of my truxxx lift kit. I kinda ran outta time. Took me longer than expected cuz I didnt have the right tools and had to go out and buy some. Never worked this extensively on a vehicle so there was deff a learning curve. But the front is in and it looks great. I will prob put the rear in tomorow. I looked and it should be WAYYYYYYYY easier. Next will be tires. I think christmas presents are in order... Any takers???

Thanks!

ttboydxb...

Hey ttboydxb sorry I dont really use this forum much since I sold the Explorer and bought an FJ cruiser.

Tires can be bought in Sharjah at Formula tyres. Should cost 500 dirhams a tyre (You need to bargain) Icon auto sells them too but at ridiculously high prices. Not worth going there IMO.

Im sure you can use spacers. Its just that I never did so I cant comment. You can get them at MSW (motorsport wheels in al quoz)

One last thing: If you are buying this lift please understand that they are purely for looks and will not enhance off road performance other than increasing lift. I think it actually reduces your effective travel. Going over bumps is painful and noisy.

To anyone that is looking for lift and performance I would say go for the rancho quicklift adjustable shocks. Probably a better buy but once again no experience so cant say much more other than if i had to do it again I would definitely go with the rancho quicklift.

Good luck and happy offroading :)

Dubaiexplorer

Thanks for the recommendations! I'll post some pics once I get everything done in early 2011....

Like i said I just put in a truxxx lift. Looks great but I just saw this Rancho quick lift. Can I buy these for the extra lift and Put in the truxxx lift or will the angle on ball joints be too extreme?

Like i said I just put in a truxxx lift. Looks great but I just saw this Rancho quick lift. Can I buy these for the extra lift and Put in the truxxx lift or will the angle on ball joints be too extreme?

Yeah you could proably do that but why would you?

Lifting the truck by more than a couple of inches will require a lot of work and $$$.

1. You will have to drop the differentials to compensate for the change in angle to the CVs. I dont know if anyone makes a diff drop kit for this generation of Ex. so you would have to get it custom made.

2. Installing 33 inch tires or larger will mean your gearing will be messed up so if you plan to drive offroad you will have to spend more $$$ to get the diff ratios changed.

3. Larger tires affect your braking. My braking distance was affected quite a bit after installing bigger tires. Oh yeah and your speedo gets affected too.

4. You will probably have to cut the wheel arches to make space for larger tires especially when turning the wheel at full lock.

5. You will probably have to get wheel spacers as well just to get larger tires to fit and to stop them from rubbing against the upper control arms. (more $$$)

6. The angle of the joint for your upper control arm will be too extreme with both lifts combined so you will probably have to look into getting new upper control arms or at least changing the joint to a uni-ball joint to stop it binding up.

7. The tie rods arent built to handle large tires so they will eventually give way too which will cost more money.

Like I said earlier you could probably make it work without doing any or some of these mods but eventually parts will fail and then you will be forced to replace them.

If your goal is to make your truck offroad capable or even if you want to fit 20 inch wheels then I would suggest you think about the points I highlighted above. If you arent convinced go down to your local garage and have a chat with them. These mods will affect the longevity of your suspension and driveline components.

Dubaiexplorer

nice little write up^ Just the other day I was looking for a differential drop and no luck yet but I didn't have the time to search hard

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I know its hard work but the only other option is a body lift. Which I am also considering. 20's aint a thing. I used to have 24's on my x. Was going to go 26's but there isnt a lowering kit for our 4th gens so I decided up she goes. Just bored with having nice rims and still having a huge gap between wheel and fender. Just made me cringe. The body lift isnt that hard to do just takes alot of time which i do not have at the moment. I barely had the time to put the truxxx lift in. but I blieve in DIY so I just need to wait. . . Which I hate doing. But just throwing ideas around. I think im just going to stick with the lift i have and just be satisfied till I see someone with a 6 inch lifted x around me. For now I only found one guy and another is trying. But none live around me. Keep you posted and thank you for all your advice and help

Back