Truxxx lift kit? | Page 7 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Truxxx lift kit?

How in gods name did anyone get the rear strut back in after the spacer was put it? I have tried everything to put it back. I pretty much removed my entire rear end and to no avail I cannot re-install the rear strut. Please help me! my x is in my driveway with all her parts everywhere!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I know this is probably too late to help, but bolt the strut to the A arm then use a ratcheting strap to compress it. Just don't tighten the top down all the way till you tke the strap out. Hope this helps, sorry its two weeks too late

Do ya'll think 275/70 r17's (32.2) would fit if they were on a rim with a 0 or negative offset. The stock rim is +44 and moto metal 951's have a negative -12. this would move the rim out 2 inches

anyone had any abnormal wear of CV's and ball joints with the truxxx kit yet? how about head light aim and speedometer issues?

Hey I got the lift installed no problem. I just unbolted the lower control arm to let it fall then just hooked everything back up, jacked up the rear and re-isntalled it. So it sits higher now and I just got my tires in yesterday! I shoul dbe able to get them on tomorow or tuesday. Ill take some pics and ill show you guys.

Killit I have not had any wear issues but I have only had the lift in a few weeks. There are no speedo issues until you get bigger tires then you will need to re-calibrate. Headlights may need to be angled down a little. I have HID's and its been pissing off alot of people.

GOT MY LIFT AND TIRES ON!!! I got treadwright guard dog 265/70/17 which is a 32" tire. They are 10.5 inches wide. Check out my cardomain page 7. Ill be doing small writeups week to week on here and my cardomain page.

Those tires have nice looking treads, nice Ex.

GOT MY LIFT AND TIRES ON!!! I got treadwright guard dog 265/70/17 which is a 32" tire. They are 10.5 inches wide. Check out my cardomain page 7. Ill be doing small writeups week to week on here and my cardomain page.

Looks good Paul, btw page 4 you had like 36" wheels lol.. so you went from street to off road?

Nice work. Nice tires. Definitely can't tell those are retreaded.

Yea there are no lowering kits for the 4th gen explorers so I decided to lift. That and I was sick and tired of dodging potholes and curbs. Just wasnt my style. I miss being big and not caring if i hit a little something.

Yea Up close you can kinda tell but thats staring, also I knew they were re-treads and i still had to look really close. So far its all good.

Ill keep everyone posted on how well or not so well the tires do.

Hey does anyone know anything about the Rancho Quick Lift? I found it by clicking the link at the top of the page on JCwhitney.com. Looking at possibly lifting my 02 to give it a more aggressive look.
-J

The rancho lift is just a 2.5 inch lift for the4th gen explorers. Larger coilover instead of the truxxx lift which is essentially just a block that sits on top of the stock coilover to make it 2.5 inches taller. The rancho lift is a little more stable than the truxxx lift but I have not had any personal experience with the rancho lift.

"The rancho lift is just a 2.5 inch lift for the4th gen explorers. Larger coilover instead of the truxxx lift which is essentially just a block that sits on top of the stock coilover to make it 2.5 inches taller. The rancho lift is a little more stable than the truxxx lift but I have not had any personal experience with the rancho lift."-renzAy34134

Thanks man, I got a buddy of mine with a diesel performance shop by me, so ill see if he knows anything about embut thanks a lot
-J

neour,

iv seen you around the south east MI area. the first time i saw your explorer in st. claire shores at a family friends restraunt and i couldnt believe there was a lifted explorer around here.. it looks so clean. nice lift too. where did you go to get it done and how much did it cost?

...........but I can get the Truxxx kit with no wait, and buy American....not that has anything to do with anything, I don't even know if Truxxx is made in the US..........
Besides, I am really impatient, waiting two weeks or longer would kill me with suspense.

yes truxx lifts are made in usa

i just installed this to and my truck now handles very badly and feels like it is connect to the wheels byrubber why is this

i just installed this to and my truck now handles very badly and feels like it is connect to the wheels byrubber why is this

it seams that the installer tight the bolts of upper and lower arms and the bolt of the bottom of the struts while the vehicle is jacked (this will cause a preloading and tension within the bushings and cause the bad handling).

When the vehicle is settling on the ground, loose the bolts of upper and lower arms and the bolt of the bottom of the struts Little bet then torque them back again, in order to release the tension on the bushings.

ive never had a problem with the truxxx lift. Yes it has a little more roll' to it but i just figured it was cuz its lifted. I do want to get longer shocks for it though and upper control arms. Not sure if brandon is done... Electrician???

I mean i also did a 3" body lift so it has quite a bit more sway action going on but I dont mind it. I just dont drive crazy anymore. Its my first lifted truck so i dont really know what its supposed to feel like if the truxxx is bad lift or not?

But Prob going to try and figure out a mount for f150 coilovers see if i cant find some 4" lift. Mine is only 2wd so should be alot easier. Ill keep you guys updated on what i find.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

ive never had a problem with the truxxx lift. Yes it has a little more roll' to it but i just figured it was cuz its lifted. I do want to get longer shocks for it though and upper control arms. Not sure if brandon is done... Electrician???

I mean i also did a 3" body lift so it has quite a bit more sway action going on but I dont mind it. I just dont drive crazy anymore. Its my first lifted truck so i dont really know what its supposed to feel like if the truxxx is bad lift or not?

But Prob going to try and figure out a mount for f150 coilovers see if i cant find some 4" lift. Mine is only 2wd so should be alot easier. Ill keep you guys updated on what i find.

Paul for me, I'm very happy with the truxxx-rancho QL combination (the Rancho QL Struts are longer with 1"+ travel) which gives me more wheel articulation, and the ride is superior.

Brandon will make me next month a bolt on kit of 4 coil-over struts with the following specifications:
  • 5" travel
  • 2.5" diameter strut
  • adjustable height (3"-5" lift) and stiffness
  • with an internal bypass valve
  • with remote reservoir

the price for the kit is about $2000+ USD (the final price will be determined after finish)

regarding the arms, when brandon shipped the arms he used regular USPS service without tracking number and USPS lost my shipment.

now he made me a new set and will be shipped by UPS ground with a tracking number.

I'm still waiting for the new arms to be installed.

Back