Truxxx lift kit? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Truxxx lift kit?

dubaiexplorer

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2008 XLT
Just a quick introduction. Im Australian and live in Dubai, UAE. I work for an airline and I recently purchased a 2008 XLT in black so im a complete newbie. Very happy with the purchase. Want to lift it for better clearance in sand dunes.

I purchased a lift kit from Truxxx (2.5 inch front and 1.25 back) looks similar to this pic

P1070589.jpg

Has anyone tried this lift? My concern was that this lift might place stress on ball joints or perhaps require additional mods? Any advice? Thanks in advance.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hey my advice is talk to roadbully on here he is the man who has did really well with the irs explorers. Plus he has his own line of lift spacers. www. Roadbully-offroad. Com

Hey, i live in dubai too and i also have a 2008 Explorer, I was gonna buy this but i was told that it wont fit by an expert, did u fit it ? if possibe gimme a call 0508719412

From the looks of them, I'm going to say they are for the Expedition not the Explorer, plus I don't think they make them for Explorers (3rd & 4th Gen anyway).

Hey dusk1911 yeah it fits. who told you that it wouldnt and why?

So I've installed the Truxxx lift kit. I also put dunlop grandtrek AT20 (265/65r17) but they fitted even before the lift. They seem to work better on sand compared to the BFGs (245/65?) the car comes with.

Yeah JoeCool youre right. Check out fatbobsgarage.com and search by vehicle make and model and you will find the truxxx lift kit there. Thats where i got it from.

If you look closely, you can see that the bolt patterns match up with RoadBully's spacers too.
Someone called fatbob, who called Truxxx and they said they work for both the Explorer and the ST.
So no, it's not for the Expedition.

...but you can get a BIGGER lift (up to 3" front, 2.5 rear) from ROADBULLY-OFFROAD.com... FOR LESS MONEY!

NEVER MIND! AFTER OWNING A SET OF HIS INFERIOR SPACERS, I HIGHLY RECOMMEND TRUXXX. They are not even less money, time you pay to have them shipped from CANADA. Especially if you catch the TRUXXX spacers on sale. Like Tire Rack has them for $275 this (12-09) month...

And the TRUXXX spacers come with a lifetime warranty, Roadbully-offroad has NONE.

...........but I can get the Truxxx kit with no wait, and buy American....not that has anything to do with anything, I don't even know if Truxxx is made in the US..........
Besides, I am really impatient, waiting two weeks or longer would kill me with suspense.

Looks sharp!! That's how mine will look shortly, except in the ST format.
Did you take any measurements? Looks like it is still maintaining the nose down OEM look with this kit.

Yeah I noticed that it still looks OEM with nose down. Didnt take any measurements :) haha regretting that a little now. Heres another picture of the car after spacers were installed.

(lost photo)

You can definetly tell the difference in that last pic. Looking back, the front on pic really shows it well too.

how long till the lift arrived ??? and when u changed the tires .. any rubbing ?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It took about a week or so. And theres no rubbing in the wheel arches. 265/70 r17 seems to be about the largest I can go without the front wheels rubbing against the forward part of the wheel arch.

Back