4th gen explorer lift | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

4th gen explorer lift

waaitforit

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
06 Ford Explorer XLT 4x4
Hey all first post here!

I've been searching around and have had a hard time finding pictures of some 4th generation explorers with only a truxxx lift kit with some tires around 265/75/16. I'm looking to do something like this to my 06 X and want to get a good idea what the end result would be like! Thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks Explorer0693!

Your rig looks mean! What tires are those and what size if you don't mind?

I'm running hankook dyna pro MT 265/75/16 i wanna go bigger in the future

I'm running hankook dyna pro MT 265/75/16 i wanna go bigger in the future

Those are really 16's? They look at least 17s or maybe 18s! Do you have any problems rubbing the inside of the wheel well when making uturns or anything?

Those are really 16's? They look at least 17s or maybe 18s! Do you have any problems rubbing the inside of the wheel well when making uturns or anything?

haha there my stock rims i have yet to buy aftermarket rims due to being in school and trying to find ones i really want but i do not have any problems with rubbing i am running 2" wheel spacers so that does help having those

Lift Kit and Wheel Spacers

haha there my stock rims i have yet to buy aftermarket rims due to being in school and trying to find ones i really want but i do not have any problems with rubbing i am running 2" wheel spacers so that does help having those

Is that only the traxda lift kit? Also what brand of wheel spacers are those?

Is that only the traxda lift kit? Also what brand of wheel spacers are those?

Traxda Leveling Kit (cation: added stress to ball joints. search forum for info)

Front Lift 2.5"
Rear Lift 1.25"

Part # 102010

http://traxda.com/ford-lift-and-leve...it-102010.html

Truxxx Leveling Kit (cation: added stress to ball joints. search forum for info)

Front Lift 2.5"
Rear Lift 1.25"

Part # 102010

http://truxxx.com/2006-2010-ford-exp...it-102010.html

Replacement Uniball Upper Control Arms (for traxda/truxxx leveling method)

http://www.btf-fab.com/

Unavailable

Neither of those links are available anymore for traxda or truxxx...

To those that have done the truxxx lift. Do the struts with spacers go back in or is there other stuff that needs to be removed inorder to get them back in. Also would it not be easier if one had a set of spring compressors? Just trying to guage my time to do my lift. My truck came from quebec and after having to replace the swaybar links that looked like they were on the bottom of the ocean for the past 9 years. The least i disturb the better.

Mine with a 1.25" BTF spacer lift (front only) and 265/75/16s.

CJI_3616.jpg

Is there anyway to put 33s on an explorer with a truxxx lift kit?

To those that have done the truxxx lift. Do the struts with spacers go back in or is there other stuff that needs to be removed inorder to get them back in. Also would it not be easier if one had a set of spring compressors? Just trying to guage my time to do my lift. My truck came from quebec and after having to replace the swaybar links that looked like they were on the bottom of the ocean for the past 9 years. The least i disturb the better.

The install for the Truxxx kit is fairly simple you dont need spring compressors i did it in about 6 hours at home but an impact gun is extremely helpful.

@FROADER is your spacer 1.25 or 1.5? I have an 03 Eddie Bauer explorer and asked Brandon what I needed to level mine without a rear spacer and he said the smallest he could go and still get a wrench to tighten the bolts was 1.5" so I'm just curious. I really want the 1.25". Did you have any issues with yours?

@FROADER is your spacer 1.25 or 1.5? I have an 03 Eddie Bauer explorer and asked Brandon what I needed to level mine without a rear spacer and he said the smallest he could go and still get a wrench to tighten the bolts was 1.5" so I'm just curious. I really want the 1.25". Did you have any issues with yours?
It's 1.25" for sure. I did have to cut the bolts of the strut so they would fit, but I haven't had any problems. That may be why he won't make them that small since it means you have to cut the bolts of the strut...

I don't think the 1.5" would be to big, though.

It's 1.25" for sure. I did have to cut the bolts of the strut so they would fit, but I haven't had any problems. That may be why he won't make them that small since it means you have to cut the bolts of the strut...

I don't think the 1.5" would be to big, though.
Makes sense but shouldn't be much difference between a 3rd and 4th generation. If all I would have to do is cut the bolt to the strut a little to make it work and have enough room to tighten with a wrench then I would prefer the 1.25" versus 1.5". He did say we could try 1.5" then if I wanted to bring the rear up a little he would fab a solid 3/8" flange to bolt up to the rear to bring it up but I know there's atleast two people who have used the 1.25" spacer so I know it's possible.

@FROADER Plus I already have a 2" spacer which I told nets about close to 3" but I'm tired of the squat look and ball joints haha. so I just want something clean and level

Back