Colorado Explorer trail run

2TimingTom

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Littleton, Colorado
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 XLT
I know we live amongst some of the best trails in the world, but it seems we don't have much traffic in this sub-forum.

Is there any interest in doing a group trail run sometime?

I've got a few ideas depending on what we want- high altitude, water crossings, easy, medium, hard, Rocky, scenic......

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Just picked up a 05 XLT V8. SO I am game for a trail run this summer.

Tim

Old mines are always fun and I am hoping to hit a couple this summer!

There's a bunch sort of near Buena Vista that I tried to get to last June but snow and fallen trees blocked the trail.

Whale Hill http://www.traildamage.com/trails/index.php?id=327

And all the other trails in this area. I planned on camping in this area but moved to my backup plan closer to BV.

I am hoping to hit some trails by Walden this summer. Michigan river, silver creek, etc.

Tim

Do we want to start planning something??? also get RMFTC in too.

Tim

If we pull another club in with this - we may end up with an 'overkill' amount of participants. Maybe we should get a head count on who is game from here first, just my 2cents.

btw.. I'm game

I am game as well so long add it is after memorial day add I do not get a weekend until pools are open

More than likely it will be after Memorial Day. It will give me some time to get some tow points and a CB in.

So post up if you are in for a run this summer.

Tim

Just picked up a 05 XLT V8. SO I am game for a trail run this summer.

Tim

You might have some issues negotiating tight switchbacks with the IRS. Just a heads up.

Jon, I do realize that the 3rd gen is not optimum for wheeling but will give it a try.

Tim

I'd love to join, never been on that trail.

Spent time yesterday exploring north of Fruita.
Rich

Well summer is in full swing. Had the truck out on a few trails. Doesn't do too bad.

Tim

Well summer is in full swing. Had the truck out on a few trails. Doesn't do too bad.

Tim

Finally got mine out and into the woods for the first time last weekend, and again yesterday. (Took a girl out with me on a first date, LOL) Now I want some 31's on it even worse. Not sure what happened to her yesterday but she's makin funny noises now. Had to work today and errands to run after work so diagnosis will have to wait. Thank god I got a car too............. Got a few pics from the trails I'll add later.

Oh yea............and those running boards are are the list for eviction.

started to load up some pics from the girls' maiden voyage with me, glanced at the time. Headed out the door to delete some running boards and give everything a once over after 2 trips up the hill. Pics will have to wait again......

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back