94 FW Leaf Sprung on 38.5s | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

94 FW Leaf Sprung on 38.5s

Hey y'all, just got mine on tires Friday night, and thought I'd post up my progress on it..... its just about done, I just have a few bugs out that I'll be asking about in either this thread or another one. but onto the stats.

Full Width HPD44 Front
5.38 gears
Welded spiders
FSJ front leafs re-arched 8"

Full Width 9" Rear
5.43 gears
Full Spool
re-arched Explorer leafs 8"

Still need to finish Driveshafts, steering, brakes, and fluids.... but here's a pic until I can get some daytime pics and suspension shots up....

420202_207_full.jpg

thanks for lookin
--Ryan

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That is massive! :eek: Good job though. :thumbsup:

I those the 38.5s on it???? That thing is HUGE!!!!! Looking forward to some more pics.

bmxking5 said:
I those the 38.5s on it???? That thing is HUGE!!!!! Looking forward to some more pics.

yeah, they're 38.5s....... ask and ye shall recieve....

More Pics.....

420202_213_full.jpg

420202_212_full.jpg

Front Leaf Rear hanger...
420202_209_full.jpg

Front Leaf Front Hanger..
420202_210_full.jpg

Just a front end shot...
420202_211_full.jpg

This is one thing I"m having problems with.... when I get my d-shaft, and shocks in, will they even out and be at the same angle??...
420202_208_full.jpg

--Ryan

FROADER said:
Might need to lift it a little to fit those tires correctly.

haha, I"m actually gonna take my body lift off so that Its not so tall, and trim the fenders.

CarFreak146 said:
haha, I"m actually gonna take my body lift off so that Its not so tall, and trim the fenders.
;) Nice. that will look good. How far forward did you move the axle?

FROADER said:
;) Nice. that will look good. How far forward did you move the axle?

moved it forward roughly 3.5". not much at all. but we also hacked off 8" of the front frame horns to help approach angle. I'm thinkin of possibly moving the rear axle back a tad too, but I dunno if I'll like it that long.

that's what I was thinking. I REALLY don't wanna sacrifice my breakover angle for departure angle. my bumper was built to take hard hits. haha. You wouldn't happen to know why my shackle angles up front are off would ya?

--Ryan

I'm not too superfly with all that stuff, but what comes to mind that it might be is either:
1. mounted wrong (which I'm sure you measured a few times, so I doubt that one).
2. springs aren't re-arched the same?

That's off the top of my head and like I said, I'm not a pro either.

FROADER said:
I'm not too superfly with all that stuff, but what comes to mind that it might be is either:
1. mounted wrong (which I'm sure you measured a few times, so I doubt that one).
2. springs aren't re-arched the same?

That's off the top of my head and like I said, I'm not a pro either.

ok thanks... that's the first things we checked and its all good, and I checke dthe sprigns for equalness (word?) before I paid for them. oh well, maybe somebody else will chime in.

oh my, that thing is huge, do you have a pic with somebody standing next to it?

no, I don't, I need to though... I was gonna get one tonight when I took it off the trailer, but when we pulled it off the trailer, the front shackles snapped back on the perch (I'll post pics later of that) and its now sitting about 5" lower in the front... yeah, bad news. gotta get that problem figured out.

--Ryan

maybe the right front shackle angle is off because that right front tire is up higher (on the lip of the trailor) which might make it sit a little differently....maybe? ;)

slravene said:
maybe the right front shackle angle is off because that right front tire is up higher (on the lip of the trailor) which might make it sit a little differently....maybe? ;)

I wish that was the deal, but sadly, its like that on the ground too, just not nearly as obvious.... I"ll figure it out I guess.

Get some 49 iroks under there :thumbsup: looks fun, ill send you a PM, have a couple question for ya, thanks

yea forget the 38.5s, you need bigger tires!!! looks good.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

CarFreak146 said:
the front shackles snapped back on the perch (I'll post pics later of that) and its now sitting about 5" lower in the front...
--Ryan
That really sucks!

CarFreak146 said:
equalness (word?)
If it's not, it should be. I think the word you're looking for is equality though. ;)

Back