Serious Explorations Ford Explorer and Ranger Message Board
#1 Resource for Ford Explorer and Ranger Owners - By Enthusiasts, for Enthusiasts.

Ford Explorer Generation Guide

EF Swag Store 2015 Ford Explorer Forums Elite Membership Chat Room My Posts Reviews Explorer Photo Gallery
Go Back   Ford Explorer and Ranger Forums "Serious Explorations" > Ford Explorer Ranger Repair - Troubleshooting - Modifications & Detailing Forums > 2002 - 2005 Explorer Mountaineer 3rd Generation > Stock 2002 - 2005 Explorers

Notices

Stock 2002 - 2005 Explorers Questions related to non-modified 2002 - 2005 Explorers and Mountaineers. Problem solving, maintenance, TSB, service bulletins, owner reviews, specifications. Sport Trac and Sport use the 1995-2001 forum.

Stop "check charging system" beeping?

Old 01-31-2011, 03:49 PM   #1
rick wick

Vehicle Specs

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Original Poster)
Stop "check charging system" beeping?

dealer tells me the alternator and battery are fine but the warning light keeps coming on and i can't live with the constant 'beeping' every 15 seconds. help
rick wick is offline   Reply With Quote
( Join the Elite Explorers )

For only $20 per year you can become an Elite Explorer member. Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose and fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications really work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members can change the forum "styles" to eliminate most ads, including blue underlined links, and no ads on photos. Other benefits include the ability to store 1000 Private Messages, upload photo attachments directly to your posts and to our Photo Gallery and more. Join the Elite Explorers today.

Old 01-31-2011, 03:52 PM   #2
Blee1099
Evil Asian
Elkridge, MD

Vehicle Specs

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Umm try another dealer cause a check charging system shouldn't go off unless it does have a issue.
Blee1099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 04:45 PM   #3
Sams01XplrSprt
Southern Cali Explorer
Newport Beach California & Bay Area California

2001 Sport (sold)

Vehicle Specs

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
welcome

Old 01-31-2011, 09:17 PM   #4
BrooklynBay
Brooklyn, NY

88 89 93 95 96 Aerostars

Vehicle Specs

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 208 Post(s)
Welcome to this forum! Check your charging system voltage with a multimeter. Which year is your vehicle? You don't have anything listed in your profile.
BrooklynBay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 11:35 AM   #5
rick wick

Vehicle Specs

(Original Poster)
Thanks for your help...but

it is a '05 explorer. dealer did voltage check twice over three month period and both times the alternator and battery checked perfect. 'some sensor problem' was the excuse. car starts and runs fine. it has a new battery.

i understand the voltage output issue but since the dealer checked it twice and everything is working then i just want to 'KILL THE DAMN BEEPING NOISE'.

i can live with the blinking dash warning. i called the dealer again...no suggestion. called ford customer service...twice...'see your dealer'. i want to put out a fuse that controls the noise but i can't figure out which one it is. yes i know it might also kill the glove compartment light, etc. (the best i came up with is fuse # 17).

really aggravating.
rick wick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 11:41 AM   #6
BrooklynBay
Brooklyn, NY

88 89 93 95 96 Aerostars

Vehicle Specs

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 208 Post(s)
Your thread was moved into the stock 2002-2005 section. Have an auto parts store or alternator rebuilder bench test the alternator outside of the vehicle.
BrooklynBay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 12:08 AM   #7
xlt03
Bay Point, CA
2003 XLT 4.6 4X4

Vehicle Specs

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
X2
xlt03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 02:22 PM   #8
phouse
Phila PA
1991 Explorer

Vehicle Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick wick View Post
it is a '05 explorer. dealer did voltage check twice over three month period and both times the alternator and battery checked perfect. 'some sensor problem' was the excuse. car starts and runs fine. it has a new battery.

i understand the voltage output issue but since the dealer checked it twice and everything is working then i just want to 'KILL THE DAMN BEEPING NOISE'.

i can live with the blinking dash warning. i called the dealer again...no suggestion. called ford customer service...twice...'see your dealer'. i want to put out a fuse that controls the noise but i can't figure out which one it is. yes i know it might also kill the glove compartment light, etc. (the best i came up with is fuse # 17).

really aggravating.
Ok.. was the battery light on as well.. did you ever correct the problem or find out what is was?

1987 Oldsmobile Cutlass Salon V8 Factory Bucket seats
phouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 02:26 PM   #9
phouse
Phila PA
1991 Explorer

Vehicle Specs

2005 XLT Check Charging System

Ok.. my battery light came on.. alt was dead not charging.. I replaced the alt. all voltages are good. but the message center keeps saying "check charging system" the two small wires in the connector are reading 12+ volts each and the red is reading 14+ and i am getting 14volts at the battery now as well.. but light stays on in side truck???

Old 03-07-2011, 03:16 PM   #10
spvert
Moscow
2005 XLT

Vehicle Specs

If voltage on battery terminals (when engine started, with all headlights and heater fullspeed on) between 13.5 and 15V, you really have battery charge on. In this case you can try to change voltage regulator.

Also you can look my reply to phouse's message
spvert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 02:07 PM   #11
phouse
Phila PA
1991 Explorer

Vehicle Specs

Update.. 2005 Explorer V8 XLT Battery light on and The "CHECK CHARGING SYSTEM" on the message center was on after using a refurb from Auto Zone
AutoZone alt. was returned,, I was getting a full charge, but i don't think it was talking back to the truck to turn the the battery light off in the truck even though everything else was working, meaning 14volts and charging.. got a full refund..
took that money to the Ford dealer and got one from them..
Part # F8OZ-10V346-CARM This one had a 3 terminal connection I believe the AZ one only had a 2 terminal connection, even though the cable from the truck had only two wires the green and orange one.. The middle connection was not being used i guess.. any way all is well..

Got 14 Volts on the B+
Got 14 Volts on the Batt terminals
The "CHECK CHARGING SYSTEM" on the message center is off
The Battery Light is off as well..

Old 10-11-2011, 09:05 AM   #12
Janie in Houston
Houston, TX
2005 Ford Explorer

Vehicle Specs

Unhappy "Check Charging System" Constant beeping and battery light

Hello,
I am going crazy with this constant beeping every 15 seconds in my vehicle. I cannot even tell you how long I have been dealing with it, but it is constant now. It goes off every 15 seconds. My alternator has been replaced. My battery has been replaced, Autozone says everything is charging fine. I am at my witts end. Please help.

After reading your last statement I am confused about what fixed your problem. My email address is saenz.janie@gmail.com please get back with me if you can.

Last edited by Janie in Houston; 10-11-2011 at 09:06 AM. Reason: added something
Janie in Houston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 11:09 PM   #13
trucku
Queens, New York and living in Budd Lake, NJ now.

2002 Explorer XLS 4.0 4x4

Vehicle Specs

Yesterday put in a replacement alternator, because of a noisy bearing. The replacement had all of it specs showing it passed testing outputting 152 amps at 6000rpm and 105 amps at 2000rpm. I put it in and my scanguage showed 14.2 volts at idle, yet my battery light was one. Check all of my connections and could not figure out what was wrong. Napa ended up giving me another replacement alternator, I put that one in and the battery light went off. I don't know why the other alternator gave a battery light. I suppose the regulator was not doing something right, even thought 14 volts were showing.

Don't put it pass the replacement being faulty.

2002 XLS 4.0 SOHC 4x4. Frantz Bypass filter, Mobil 1 5W30.Perma-cool dual remote (2 full flow PureOne PL30001). Perma-cool remote transmission filter (Pure One PL30001). Scanguage II, Sunpro Oil Pressure Guage
Gen 4 mirrors

"The More Complex The Mind, The Greater The Need For The Simplicity Of Play"
trucku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 06:20 AM   #14
SuRrEaLNJ
hail to the king, baby!
out of my mind...

MUNK 07 Focus 97 XL1200C

Vehicle Specs

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
quit using crap parts and that might sort out the problem, alot of these cheap alternators leave low voltage lights on in a variety of vehicles, go get a motorcraft and see what happens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spas View Post
You are all lunatics, and Jay is your king!
BEN REALLY REALLY LOVES PINK
SuRrEaLNJ loves Hannah Montana
SuRrEaLNJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggest this thread to friends:

Join the "Elite Explorers" Today!

Search Explorer Forum

Top of Page