I'm back with my 2nd Ex.... 03 EB 4x4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

I'm back with my 2nd Ex.... 03 EB 4x4

Hi everyone :)

Long time no see to some 'oldies but goodies' and hi to the new members since I was away.

As one of the first lifted 3rd gen members on the site and as a contributor to numerous stickies in the repair section(s) I just had to pickup another Ex when the opportunity arose. I seriously love the 3rd gen's and was on the lookout for a nice one. Just brought her home today:

2003 Eddie Bauer 4x4 V8 with all options. 82k miles, 1 owner certified and a 10/10 in condition. This truck has a lot more in it than my old NBX (in my siggy). Sunroof, heated seats, climate control, rear air, leather, parking sensors, etc. Being a veteran member and previous owner of this same generation, I already know some of the first changes to make to this one.

I look forward to being a continued contributing member here and making new (and seeing old) friends again.

Pardon the rainy pictures....it's been raining for 2 days straight in NC....

Can already tell a huge difference in the V8 over the V6 in my last Explorer. I knew I wanted this model with these options when looking for a new one. Just took forever to find one in excellent condition under 100k on the dash.

imageelnw.jpg

image1be.jpg

image2fp.jpg

image3fwez.jpg

image4fm.jpg

image5fbg.jpg

image6qo.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome back. I would guess that i would be a new member to you. Very nice 3rd gen. hope nothing has changed since the last tome you've been on.

Oh are you going to make this just as good looking as the last. the white ex looked great.

Oh are you going to make this just as good looking as the last. the white ex looked great.

Appreciate the props! Not sure where I'm headed yet overall with this one, but I can say the V8 isn't going to stay stock for long ;) I was always itching to have a 4.6L in one of these, was probably my biggest gripe of my last X aside from the many repairs that had to be made to it =/

nice eddie u got there

Appreciate the props! Not sure where I'm headed yet overall with this one, but I can say the V8 isn't going to stay stock for long ;) I was always itching to have a 4.6L in one of these, was probably my biggest gripe of my last X aside from the many repairs that had to be made to it =/

A co-worker got one for his wife and he told me he was looking at one of your old threads, i should direct him your way maybe you could help him out with what you have done. Hers is a 4.6l awd with dual exhaust.

A co-worker got one for his wife and he told me he was looking at one of your old threads, i should direct him your way maybe you could help him out with what you have done. Hers is a 4.6l awd with dual exhaust.

Nice! This one will get the lift treatment again, just no body lift....not going with overly-aggressive large tires. Instead I will focus on some performance out of the V8 and all-around usefulness of the SUV. I'm considering putting some Adrenaline wheels on this one with some non-street tires. Would like to be the first lifted 3rd Gen with Adrenaline wheels (that I've seen at least...)

there are some for sale with street tires on here for $1500.

The ones I saw for sale are in Canada though =/ I'm in North Carolina. I don't have a problem buying from someone who will ship some, but I think postage from Canada to the states for those would be be outrageous. That is a good price though for them...

Nice to see that you're back from the dead. I've lost count at hour many hours i spent on your old registry. Definitely inspired me and my truck. :thumbsup:

Now this time around you can have Coilovers all around for lift and some 275/60r20s wrapped around the Adrenalin wheels. I'd love to see some meaty tires on adrenaline rims, as i don't think anybody done that before

Nice to see that you're back from the dead. I've lost count at hour many hours i spent on your old registry. Definitely inspired me and my truck. :thumbsup:

Now this time around you can have Coilovers all around for lift and some 275/60r20s wrapped around the Adrenalin wheels. I'd love to see some meaty tires on adrenaline rims, as i don't think anybody done that before

It certainly is nice to see some of the new technologies members have used in their modified 3rd Gen's since selling my old Ex a couple of years ago. Truth be told, I was looking at a Nissan Titan as my next vehicle and while at the dealership, it came down to the truck or another Explorer. I purposely went for the 3rd Gen so that I could come back on here and mingle with some friends. Otherwise I'd be in the Titan and browsing a new forum =/

After I sold my white Explorer (turned it back to stock, sold off all the aftermarket parts, some on here like my lift for instance....and the wheels/tires to a local guy who used them on a Jeep), I got an 06 F250 SuperDuty Diesel which I just lost in my divorce, so it was time to scale back down a little and come back to where I'm comfortable. I'm really looking forward to moving along with this new truck.

I appreciate the props. Aside from the Adrenaline wheels, I'd also consider the new 20" wheels that come on the late model Explorer's as they look really nice. I haven't even checked the lug patterns to see if they are the same yet =/ Adrenaline wheels are just hard to locate, naturally, but still the best looking wheels that Ford ever stuck on a truck....

Cheers :salute:

And for what it's worth, I haven't even had a chance to go out and take some good pics yet or even get underneath the truck. We're on the 4th straight day of rain here in the Carolina mountains....and up to 8" of snow overnight. So maybe by this weekend I can go out and start looking at what I actually purchased....LOL ;)

welcome back man! i cant wait to see what you have in store for this explorer, especially with the v8 :thumbsup: It looks pristine by the way! nice find! :)

..You are good to go...:biggthump

..Be sure to check out your thread tools now that you are back and "Elite" again...;)

Back