whoops into a project | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

whoops into a project

yea, i usd a cheapo bedliner so it did not turn out the best, i have noticed that it is starting to chip/ peel away from the edges. Where did you have in mind to wheel at?

Well I was thinking about going tomorrow to check out the Proctor Valley place to see if it was any good to go to this weekend. I can't really wheel untill sat or sun so I have the moeny for gas.
i went out past your way and headed east of Alpine and found a couple of fire roads off the main road out there. I kinda want to go out to octillo wells but I have to find some time to do that.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

still have a bunch of body work and bondo to do.

IM000361.jpg

IM000360.jpg

IM000359.jpg

Is that section under the grille/lights off an F150? It seems to look different than a stock one...

it is off a 91-92 explorer, mine is a 93 so it does look a little bit different. How does the bumper look? I had to cut like 5-7 inches off each side. it provides plenty of room for like 6 inch lights on just the bumper.

Looks pretty good... now you just need to get the lights on there in the center...

yea, i cannot wait to get the lights hooked up, i found 4 for 30 bucks at the local swapmeet.

i might be cutting off the bumper from the trim piece down, it looks freally big and bulky. Also i think this will free up some room for the tow hooks i am going to put in. Total iw ill be installing 4, 2 front, 2 rear. they will be welded and bolted on. Lmk what you guys think.

i might be cutting off the bumper from the trim piece down, it looks freally big and bulky. Also i think this will free up some room for the tow hooks i am going to put in. Total iw ill be installing 4, 2 front, 2 rear. they will be welded and bolted on. Lmk what you guys think.

That bumper is from a 94 and newer ranger that is why it didn't fit right. The guy that we got the parts from has a bumper that ill fit your truck. It is laying on the ground right next to the truck. I was up there today. It is in ok condition.

P.S. I know how to do body work really well too so if you want/need any help without using a lot of bondo let me know and I will help you out as much as I can.

yeah that guys wants like 60 for that bumper. i looked at it when i went up there, it is a spotted rusty chrome one right? i dont know what i am going to do with that fender, i mean that is a lot of bondo. the only reason i have that 94 ranger bumper is that i got it free.

ok so i did not get my lights today because i did not go pick them up, however i have been working on some side projects. First i went and bought the stuff to hook up my power seats. I had a 4gauge power wire and a 8 guage power wire already ran in my car for the audio system. So i put a distribution block on the 4 guage for my audio and a distribution block on my 8 guage for the seats. here is a list of parts i bought:

2 rolls of electrical tapes-$1.50
2 sets of bussman fuse holder-$2.46
5pack of 20 amp fuses-$1.56
2 distribtution blocks-$10

so hooking the seats up only cost me around 15 bucks, not bad.
IM000362.jpg

next my step brother got a new sub so he gave me his 2 older pioneer tw-250r's and a box. I like my box so i went ahead and kept it. The subs hit pretty well for being single voice coil though. I liked my box so i just made a few improvments. I added a piece of wood on the top so i could run a neon right above the subs to show them off, then i ran a piece on the back to mount my rockford fosgate amp to. The wood was fron a old book case and i just carpeted it with left over carpet from doing my floors.

IM000364.jpg

i also installed some tweeters that are less than ok. I got them at the swapmeet for liek 4 bucks and they sound terrible but i am just going to keep them where they are until i upgrade to componets.

IM000363.jpg

I just got done putting the spring seats and shackles on my 93. as soon as I can I will post pics of it. I have enough room now to put on 31's. Vic

cant wait upload those pics asap.

none of the pictures showed up

what kind of shackles are those? Also what gears do you have? i have open 3.27's. I looks almost exactly like mine. except a little higher in the back. lmk all the mods that you have done, also any pics with some 31's? Interior shots?

you should put a 3 inch piece of pipe between the two shackels with a bolt holding it together to meke it look like an"H". this will make it stronger

the pics do not work

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back