• Register Today It's free!

Return from T-Haven 2002

Gopher

Reaction score
City, State
Westminster/Huntington Beach, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 XLT 2wd
This was a good group that we had out there. The stockers kicked ass and well, the modifieds....they always rock. We ran all sorts of trails and everyone did very well. We had some cool break downs. Such as an exhaust pipe bending forward and going through the right rear tire. That was :eek: cool.
I have to say that i was very impressed with the driver skill with the stocker group. Those guys and gals were able to pick the right lines and get up any obsticle.
Today was a fun trip(sunday). The morning was a litttle slow, but then shortly there after it turned into baja. I was all over the place cruising at 55 and then Rick decided to join. You know how last year the great pumkin had flight? Well this year was even more impressive. He just was going through all these dips and he decided to just power through one and then there was silence................and then you heard him come down.
I only wish that the people that signed up for the potluck would of gone. People kinda put some faith that those who sign up will bring the food so they don't have too. I know there were some circumstances. Kevin, we feel for ya... Sorry that you broke down.
All in all this was GREAT trip and lots of fun. I'll talk more but i just got home and clean and headed off to bed..Nice and warm in the house.. No 30 degree weather to sleep too.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Guys, I had a great time, even if I was only there for half the day (Sunday) or so. Thanks for letting me bring the new truck out. I took lots of pics, so I will post them later today. It was nice matching faces ot the names. I can't wait to see you guys next year with my lift and tires!

--Sean

Everyone who signed up and didn't go missed out BIG time!

I had a great time as usual, got a couple more scratches in the new paint, Met some new people. Thanks to everyone and I'll see you next time.

I just got back also. Colin, glad to see you and Winter got back ok. Did you see that accident on the 91, where a pickup carrying a load of cement bags in the back of it's bed. It was overloaded and it blew a tire. Well the cement bags and the truck went flying and the broken dry bags of cement went all over the freeway. A nice dust bowl.

Anyway, I also had a GREAT!!! time even if my truck was not there. It was there in spirit!!:D Thanks to Tom Fakrwee, Colin's Dad (Jim) and Colin (Fenderguy) for letting me ride along with them for the weekend. Thanks Winter for taking the time to fix all of the broken down trucks and getting them back on the trail's again.
Thanks Rick for getting Tom's truck ready for Winter to finish fixing when he came.
For those of you that miss it and sign up for it:nono: You missed another great run!! Until next year or even better yet March for the AZ. run I'll see you guy's & gal's again.

Hey Paul,
How many ended up coming? Sounds like alot of people didn't show

Not to mention Paul... The truck still bein finished up?
Pete

Ray, Rick can correct me if I am wrong, but I think about 1/2 of the sign up's did not show. Also some people that were sign up for the potluck did not show. Rick will be making some changes for future runs, but I will let him tell you and everyone else what those changes will be.

RFR2212 (Pete), yes it was to be finish for this run and it was SOOoooo!!! close to being finish, but there was a last minute problem that was out of Winter's control that make it not a go. Hopefully in 2 weeks. As I told Bislamjoe in another post, do you think you can hold your pant's that long?!!!!:p

Talk about your last minute breakdowns

I am so bummed. Apparently, about 200 miles south of home on the way to San Diego, my wife had a problem with the truck. When she explained it to me it sounded like it was the starter. Well, sortive, the flex plate, the flywheel on an automatic that bolt to thetorque converter, decided it was time to crack and over flex itself. the teeth on the outside of the flexplate hit the starter from the amount it moved and seperated. I even made a last ditch effort before I actually knew what it was to replace the starter Friday night and make the Saturday potluck and the Sunday run, then I looked through the starter hole and saw all the cracks and bends in the flex plate. Has anyone ever heard or seen this? I am glad everyone had fun though and my wife now agrees we need some sort of towing apparatus. I just ordered a new flex plate and a torque converter designed for low speed offroading from Art Carr performance. It should be here in about two weeks and I will be up and running again. Again, sorry I missed the trip.

Ok guys stop your teasing with us and show your pics!:D

Honestly. It's hard enough not being able to go, so at least put the pics up. I have been checking this post every half an hour waiting for pics!:confused:

Just got back. I had a GREAT time! It was fantastic to meet the new folks and run again with our old friends.

Got to go.. came home to a dead computer and I need to get it back up ASAP.

Photos and more info later.

Well no pics yet but I bet some of you looked just for them. :D I had a blast even though I was only out for sunday. Went on the all group run in the morning in the afternoon, RangerX Colin desert spive and I went out and got into some fun trails. Also the night run was fun as well. Cant wait to see all the pics everyone took out there.

Also special thanks to everyone who made the day so enjoyable for my cousin. When she got home she told her dad their toyota NEEDS lift and lockers :D

Matt

Geez, *still* no pictures?

Come on! You guys are slackers!

(yea, i know, I'm web wheeling this weekend)..

Kevin, I can't imagine how bummed you must be! I hope you guys have everything taken care of by now and are able to get back home ok.

As far as the pot luck we had too much food since half the people who signed up didn't bother to cancel. That's really not fair to all of those who bought and made food.

From now on all of the "Serious Explorations" runs will require an advance registration fee which will be refundable in full when you arrive. If no one likes the idea and won't register... so be it.

i got lots of pics...the whole group out there was a great group..... my pics probably wont be up for a few days...i am going to sent them to rick...all of them via snailmail on cds...i got movie clips too....i just walked in the door 30 minutes ago and then hopped in the shower.... i had a blast.....

Okay, this is rediculous. I have waited all day, but no pics. I'm going to bed, miffed:p :D

Rick's Truck Haven 2002 Photos

http://www.explorerforum.com/thaven2002

PC191143.jpg

PC191153.jpg

PC191175.jpg

PC191191.jpg

PC191196.jpg

PC191210.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well, luckily the truck broke down on Misty and the kids about 200 miles south of Everett, which is about 100 miles south of where my father in law lives. She jumped on the cell and they came and rescued her with the flat bed trailer. When I got home friday, we drove down to his house and I tried a last ditch effort, thinking it was the starter, to fix her and make it for the potluck and Sunday run, but to no avail. We packed up the VW and headed to Monterey, CA. I did however just get done ordering a new flexplate, pump seal, and a custom torque converter.;)

Back